Monday, October 1, 2012

Merry Christmas Tree with BBTB2


Happy Monday everyone!  I am back today to share this week's Bitten by the Bug 2 project.   My very creative design team sister Jayne, from Jayne's Designs, selected this week's design challenge - a Cricut cut TREE!   This is a perfect time of year for a tree with all of the potential themes - Halloween, Autumn, Thanksgiving, and of course, Christmas!

I chose to use this new Christmas Tree cut from Teresa Collins new December 25 cartridge.  The cartridge is currently on sale at Cricut.com!!  I love this Christmas tree, it reminds me of peppermint ribbon candy I used to see as a child!



I decided to keep the number of Cricut cuts to a minimum and dress up the cuts with gems and pearls so that the vibrant colors and wonderful Christmas designs were the vocal point of the card.  I chose three cuts from the December 25 cartridge:  The red frame, the Christmas tree, and the lovely swirl snowflake.  I used pale pink cardstock for my base card - adding a touch of color but not imposing on the focal point of the card. 




I finished the card by adding colored gems and pearls to the Christmas tree and the snowflake.  A stamped greeting was added.  The inside of the card is embellished with another TC December 25 Christmas tree.  And last, I cut the word NOEL and attached it to the back of the envelope. 



Just to remind you, at Bitten by the Bug 2 we love it when you decide to join our weekly challenge.  Just post a photo of your tree project and link it under the weekly challenge post at BBTB2!


Close To My Heart - October Stamp of the Month!!

Today is October 1st and that means it is time to reveal the October Stamp of the Month - VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS!  I love this Christmas stamp set and cannot wait to use it on cards, tags, and layouts!



Remember that like every month, the Stamp of the Month retails for $17.95, but with a $50.00 order from Close To My Heart you will recieve the SOTM for only $5.00!!  Don't wait to order - you know you will need this lovely stamp set to create additional Christmas cards and gift tags!!  I love the tag stamps included in this set!!




18 comments:

snappy scrappy said...

Really pretty! Lee-Ann :)

Sandi said...

Susan, beautiful card, hugs

Creative M said...

My favorite Tree EVER!!Christmas TREE!!A Fabulous Card!!
Migdalia

Jayne said...

Love your card Susan,that is such a pretty Christmas tree.
Jayne x

Carole Beath said...

Beautifully Christmas... makes me want to get started on my cards. Think I will. Today...! Thanks for the inspiration, dear talented Susan.
Carole

Kim Dellow said...

Lovely work! Kim

DonnaMundinger said...

Oh I just love this, Susan! Gorgeous! It does look like ribbon candy. Looks like a cart I need to investigate, too. So many carts, so little time! xxD

Glenda said...

Gorgeous card! Love the pretty tree, frame, and snowflake! I need to check out this cartridge!
Glenda

Brenda said...

Wow Susan, this card is as elegant as you are! I am loving this tree, it looks like ribbon candy. I also love that frame and the snowflake swirl, so wow!! I just love it, I guess I'm going to have to check out this cart! Hugs!!

Hrvatica said...

Very pretty card. Love that tree and snowflake swirl.

Stephanie said...

Beautiful! Love all the cuts. That's my next cart.

Penniannie said...

Susan, Love your tree, I always love to see red on a Christmas tree, perfect choice of colors...

enny

Scrapbooking for Joy said...

I just love that cut! And the snowflake and beads were a perfect added touch :)

Suzanne cricutcraftingrammyblogspot.com said...

Your tree and snowflakes cuts are so pretty together. I love it! So whimsical and fun.

DIANA L. said...

Your card is beautiful it must have taken forever to put all those gems on there. Thanks for thi inspiration I just got this cart in the mail today!!!
DIANA L.
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com/

Anne said...

Just bought this and was looking for some inspiration! Lovely card!

Anne said...

Just bought this and was looking for some inspiration! Lovely card!

Anne said...

Just bought this and was looking for some inspiration! Lovely card!