Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Merry Christmas Gift Bag


Hello everyone.  As the holidays get closer and closer I will be sharing more and more Christmas projects with you.  Today I have a simple decorated gift bag to share.  I purchased several VERY inexpensive, single color gift bags earlier this summer to use to create a series of personalized gift bags.  I have used both the Cricut and the Silhouett Cameo to create cuts to decorate the bags.  Today's bag was decorated with a Silhouette Cameo cut file.


I purchased today's Christmas tree word art at the Silhouette Cameo site and re-sized the cut in the Silhouette software.  I cut the shadow in white cardstock and the word are in a pretty Christmas red.  After layering the two cuts together I added diamond "gems" to the enhance the tree design.  I used a strong liquid adhesive and attached the word art Christmas tree to the front of the bag.

I welded two mini-scallop edged stars together to create a "To:/From:" tag for the bag.  I topped the tag with a white star and five gems.  Using a hole punch and ribbon, I attached the tag to the handle of the bag.

I am loving the idea of personalized decorated gift bags, though this is not a new idea at our home.  Years ago I made two gift bags that are still used each year - one for my older son and one for my husband.  The bag for my husband had photos of the kids inserted amidst a stamped pattern.  I had a personal chuckle last Christmas when Aaron was looking under the tree for his faux-Greek bag from high school!!!  I can only hope that the bags I make this year will be as treasured as the two bags mentioned above!


Thanks for stopping by today.  I will be back tomorrow with another fun project to share with you! 

2 comments:

snappy scrappy said...

So pretty!! Love it! Lee-Ann :)

Sandi said...

Such a pretty bag and love the image, hugs