Thursday, October 25, 2012

Lacy Poinsettia Framed Christmas Card


Hello everyone!  Today I have another Silhouette Cameo Christmas card to share with you.  I found the cut file for this card at the Silhouette store under the title "Poinsettia Card kit".  I actually made two versions of this card - the version pictured here today and a version that looks just like the photo on the cut file (a light grey background with white cuts on top).  I liked this rich bling green and white card best.


The poinsettia is made of three layers - green leaves and two layers of petals.  I have wondered if there is not a better poinsettia, but I did use this one as it was part of the kit.  I also think the next time I make this card, I will use ribbon in place of the paper strip used across this card.  I think a pretty strip of ribbon would be a wonderful addition.

The poinsettia lace cuts so nice and cleanly - I was thrilled with the white cuts on this card.  I love the shape of the tag and the lace edging and I would love to use this technique (lace framed middle cut) for birthday and wedding cards.  The most difficult part of making this card was removing the poinsettia lace from the cutting mat.... A sharp tool and patience were key!


Thanks for stopping by today.  I am not sure how many of you are really interested in my Silhouette Cameo projects, but I am enjoying my Cameo and hope that you do not mind.  I will be back tomorrow with another new Christmas project to share!

3 comments:

snappy scrappy said...

Beautiful!!! Lee-Ann :)

DonnaMundinger said...

Quit enabling! LOL Beautiful! xxD

Crafteresa craftsuk said...

I am very interested in your silhouette cameo projects, keep em coming, love this poinsettia frame xx