Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Heat Embossed Red Bird Christmas Card


Hello everyone!  Remember last month when I went to Scrapbook Creations in Spartanburg, SC for the weekend?  Remember I told you that I made a ton of Christmas cards that weekend?  Yes, well... this is another of those cards! 


I used my Cricut and the Art Philosophy cartridge and cut the double shaped tag for the front of this card.  I then used the stamps and die cuts provided by Scrapbook Creations to cut the bird and stamp the different elements of this card. 

The bird die cut was a two layer cut - the bird body and a wing.  The bird parts were stamped with embossing ink and heat embossed using white embossing powder.  The stamps were made to go with the die cuts - you KNOW how I love for my stamps to match my cuts!!!   I used pop dots to attach the bird to the matting.


I used green ink to stamp the sentiment and the mistletoe.  I used red stickles to add the berries to the mistletoe. 

Just to try a different version of the same card, after making two of the white cards I switched things up and made two green base cards. 



This card was very easy to make, but one I am not afraid to send out.  I have made cards that I never mail because I just do not like them enough - nor do I usually share those with you!!!  But this card I truly do like!!

Thanks for stopping by today.  I will be back tomorrow with another new project to share.

3 comments:

Beckie said...

Very nice!

Be blessed,Beckie

Ashley said...

Beautiful card! The heat embossing is absolutely gorgeous. :) Your card would be a great fit for this week's bird challenge at Red Carpet Studio!

Ashley
http://redcarpetstudiochallenge.blogspot.com

Stephanie said...

Very pretty. Love the bird.