Monday, October 22, 2012

Halloween Treat Box with BBTB2



Hello everyone!  With only nine days left until Halloween it is time to begin making our Halloween treat boxes and bags for our favorite little trick-or-treaters!  To get us moving in that direction, my sweet design teams sister Jeri at Bitten by the Bug 2 chose this week's Cricut challenge cut - any 3D Halloween box.  I chose this pretty doily box from the Artiste cartridge!



I began with this fun Halloween cardstock - pictured above - purchased in two different sizes from Darcies.  I purchased the cardstock in both 12 x 12 inch and 12 x 17 inch sizes, several sheets of each, to ensure that I would not run out before I finished all of my ghoulish projects!



After cutting the box I cut this spooky frame in black with the Artiste cartridge.  I then cut this fun October 31 circle from Teresa Collin's Chic and Scary cartridge.   I layered the October 31 circle over the frame, added gemstones and affixed the the frame to the front of my box.


I traced and hand cut the top front of the box from black cardstock, hoping to add a bit of contrast to the box.  The elegant doily front on the box was cut in bright orange cardstock, again to create contrast with the and the Halloween print.

I finished the box by adding gemstones to the black scallops and adding an embellished twine bow. 

You know that we love it when our readers join us in the weekly Bitten by the Bug 2 challenges.  Follow the link in the BBTB2 name and find out how to join us in the weekly challenge.




You only have nine days left to acquire Close To My Heart's October Stamp of the Month, Very Merry Christmas.  The stamp set retails for $17.95 and may be ordered through  my on-line CTMH store.  Or with a $50.00 purchase you will be able to add the stamp set to your card during checkout for $5.00.  I tuly love this stamp set and I hope that you do not miss the opportunity to make this your own.








13 comments:

snappy scrappy said...

Gorgeous! Lee-Ann :)

lovemypaper said...

Very cute!

Creative M said...

Super Duper Cute!TFS

Stephanie said...

Stunning treat bag. Love that paper.and the cuts.

Jayne said...

Your bag is spooky gorgeous Susan!Love the DP and contrast of orange..very chic.
Jayne x

Brenda said...

Love, love this box Susan! The paper is so fabulous as is the die cuts that you used! I want to try out all the boxes on this cart, so I guess it is a good thing that Christmas is right around the corner! lol Hugs!!

Rosie said...

SUPER CUTE TREAT BOX

ROSIEMINI@GMAIL.COM
WWW.SCRAPLOVINGMINIS.BLOGSPOT.COM

Jeri said...

What a wonderful creation, Susan. I absolutely love the paper you used. You embellished just right, too. Thanks so much for making such a great 3-D container for my challenge this week. I really appreciate it.

Bella and Aidees Mom said...

Susan..This is so striking my friend..I love how it just pops..The colors, the design..WOW...Big Hugs...Krista

Bella and Aidees Mom said...

Ps..My Mom and I meant Darcie in person at a show during the Summer..in Novi....Honestly we spent more money at her booth than any other one...I have yet to color the stamps I bought..But I will...So cute...Krista

Glenda said...

Wonderful box! Great papers and cuts that you chose!
Glenda

Penniannie said...

So awesome, Love this Bag..the paper is perfect for this project...Cute Cute....

Penny

DonnaMundinger said...

Great bold cuts and colors against that fab paper. Love it! xxD