Monday, October 29, 2012

Getting Witchy with Bitten By The Bug 2



Hello everyone.  Today I am the hostess of the weekly Bitten by the Bug 2 Cricut challenge.  I selected a wonderful theme for Halloween - Any witch cut from any Cricut cartridge.   I have a confession that I had an ulterior motive when I selected the witch cut.  Last year I made a wonderful witch pillow using heat transfer flocked material and I thought it needed a mate!


Using Teresa Collins Chic and Scary cartridge, I welded the flying witch into the oval frame.  I cut the images using heat transfer vinyl - Grey Metallic vinyl (which was NOT the easiest material to photograph!).  I ironed the vinyl onto an eggshell colored home decorator fabric cut into a 13 inch square.  Using my I-Rock tool, I added heat set gems to the vinyl as highlight.  The gems are very difficult to see in the photographs due the glare off of the metallic finish in the vinyl.


I found this wonderful six inch wide mesh trim in my scrap room, left over from a trip to Joann's.  I folded the trim in half and gathered it.  I attached the trim around the pillow as a ruffle.  And OF COURSE the trim was also very shiny and did not want to photograph well.  I finished my pillow with a backing of black and white print home decorator fabric - the same fabric I used on last year's pillow!

In the photo below you can see my two pillows sitting side by side.  I think my first witch is much happier now that she has company!!


Two more things:   Last weekend my family and I attended a friend's wedding in Madison, Ga., with my older son being part of the wedding party. The wedding and reception were held at a plantation and it was very lovely.  I wanted to share just a couple of the photos with you.

 Megan and Dane Wood - the bride and groom - listening to a reading.


The Edwards family - Doug, Bethany, Aaron, Susan and Ian


My crazy children - Aaron, Bethany and Ian


CLOSE TO MY HEART

The last thing to day, I want to remind you that you only have until Wednesday of this week, October 31st, to order you October Stamp of the Month set!  This is a wonderful stamp set and can be yours for only $17.95.  With a $50 order you can add the SOTM to your cart during check out for only $5.00.



13 comments:

Sandi said...

susan what a cool pillow and great use of the cricut, thanks for a fun challenge, hugs

Creative M said...

WoW!!Very Beautiful!!Just Gorgeous!

Brenda said...

Wow Susan I am in love with your pillows!! They are fabulously witchy!! I've never worked with this iron vinyl but looks like it is fun!! I'm not much of a seamstress, but I can tell you that these pillows are to die for!! Hugs!!

Brenda said...

Forgot to say that your pics were fabulous! You have a beautiful family my friend!

Glenda said...

So creative! The pillows look great! I have not tried vinyl-maybe one day!
Glenda

DonnaMundinger said...

Gorgeous companion pillow to your first one andd I think the pix turned out fabulously Of your lovely family, too. Thanks for a great challenge. xxD

Carole Beath said...

Thanks for such a fun challenge, Susan. I love your pillow, and I enjoyed seeing your family.
Happy Halloween, girl.
Carole

Jayne said...

Your pillows are fabulous!Thanks for a great challenge.Lovely pictures of you and your family.
Jayne x

Jeri said...

Fabulous home decor. I keep saying I'm going to try some of that iron on vinyl but haven't gotten around to it. Thanks for a great challenge.

Stephanie said...

Your pillows are stunning, Susan. They make a beautiful pair. I've never used the iron on vinyl either. You sure rock it. Great pic of your family, too.

shelly said...

wow susan these are just flippin awesome pillows! you never cease to amaze me with your wonderful projects.

Bella and Aidees Mom said...

Susan,
This rocks, I Love this..U out-did yourself on this..but u r very talented..Thanks for the chat...Friends...Krista

Suzanne cricutcraftingrammyblogspot.com said...

Love your bewitching pillow. Great project!!!!! Loved seeing the pics of your wonderful family too. Hugs