Wednesday, October 10, 2012

EEK! Halloween Greeting Card



Hello everyone.  We are finally having a touch of fall here in Aiken... and by a touch of fall I really mean it will be 80 degrees again later this week but yesterday and today we have had temperatures closer to 60 degree.  So yes, that may have been our fall season, but I am enjoying every second of it.  Last night's dinner was White Chicken Chili with panini sandwiches because I thought we needed something warm to fight the chill of 57 degrees.  Having grown up in Michigan I laugh at myself for those thoughts, but hey it is all relative to the normal temps!  So as I am embracing our fall-like couple of days, I have found myself thinking about Halloween and other fall crafting opportunities.   Which leads in nicely to today's Halloween card - Eek!


I used only one cartridge to create this card - Close To My Heart's Cricut Artiste.  I do need to tell you that I am not just pushing Artiste and Art Philosophy because I am a CTMH consultant, but because they truly ARE my favorite cartridges.  These two cartridges have so many varied cuts that I sometimes forget to look on other cartridges for ideas.

So yes, I used only Artiste to create this card.  I cut the card and the banner strips with my 12 inch paper trimmer.  I cut the Eek! expression and the tag shape on which that rests with the Cricut.  I inked the edges of the tag shape and the herringbone strips with orange ink to give the card a touch of color.  I used Maya Road Halloween themed twine looped around the front of the card twice (running though a small slit in the fold) and tied in the front.

I cut the spider and spider web with the Cricut and then I hand trimmed the web in half before attaching it to the card.  This is one of those simple 30 minute cards we all like to have in our stash.  Easy to reproduce for any theme, but always quick and easy.




Thanks for stopping by today.  I will be back tomorrow with a variation on this quick and easy card!!



3 comments:

Waseem said...

This is beautiful card you have shared..How about Gift Card envelopes for it.

snappy scrappy said...

So cute...great card...great paper too! Lee-Ann :)

may lim said...

This card truly shows the spirit of Halloween. Th spiders and the cobwebs are quite spooky looking at the same time cute. I like it a lot.
Eagan Fitness Center