Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Coffin Boo Box with Artiste


Hello everyone.  I fear that I may be feeling the spirits of Halloween moving and thus have decided to share a spooky little treat box I made last week.  This was a very quick project made using Cricut Artiste and a Cricut Craft Room digital alphabet. 


Using news print cardstock, I cut the coffin shaped 3D box from Artiste six inches tall.  After scoring and inking, I assembled the coffin.  I glued rick-rack around the edges of the lid.

I cut the tag from Cricut Artiste and using a white gel pen, I trimmed with tag edges with hand drawn doodles.  A button was threaded with orange floss and glue dotted along with rick-rack scraps onto the top of the tag.  The word BOO was cut from scraps and affixed to the top of the tag.  The tag was then glue dotted to the coffin.



Thanks for stopping by for my quickie Halloween treat box post.  I will be back tomorrow with a new Christmas project to share. 

NOTE:  Message for Lucy regarding the Silhouette Cameo card file.  Go to the Silhouette store and search the title "Card with Filigree Frame".  That is the name of the wedding card cut file I used in THIS post.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is really adorable!

Susan

snappy scrappy said...

Oh so cute! Lee-Ann :)

DonnaMundinger said...

Really love how this turned out, Susan. Cant wait to try one. Fabulous! xxD

Lucy said...

Thanks so much for your reply. I did locate the file in the Silhouette store. I should have guessed it was Samatha Walker--I just LOVE her stuff.