Monday, October 8, 2012

Autumn Pumpkin Patch



Hello everyone.   Today we are taking a visit to a paper crafting pumpkin patch with the Bitten by the Bug 2 design team.  My sweet design team sister Glenda (who celebrated a birthday yesterday - Happy birthday Glenda!) selected the Cricut challenge cut for this week.  Glenda asked that we use any pumpkin cut from any Cricut cartridge, with one caveat:  No Halloween!

While I do have a few Halloween decorations in my home, by far I prefer to use a general fall/autumn theme when decorating for fall.  I like that I can put out the decorations in late September and leave them out until I decorate for Christmas in early December.  So Glenda's instruction of NO HALLOWEEN worked well for me. 


I used one main cartridge - Close To My Heart's Art Philosophy, and two secondary cartridges - Martha Stewart Seasonal Cakes and Celebrate with Flourish, to create this project.  The pumpkins were created using a scalloped circle cut from the Art Philosophy cartridge.  I used eight circle sections for each pumpkins.  I embossed the sections, inked the edges and scored each circle down the middle.  Using scissors I trimmed 1/4 inch off of the bottom of each circle to help the pumpkins sit flat and then I glued the sections together.

I cut eight stems for each of the pumpkins from the MS Seasonal Cake Art cartridge and scored them down in half.  I added the stems into the pumpkins as I glued the pumpkin sections together - matching shorter side and the long side alternately.  I used small clips to hold the stem sections and pumpkin sections together while the glue dried.

Using the Celebrate with Flourish I cut two leaves for each pumpkin, sizing the leaves proportionally for each of the pumpkins.  Using a stylus I  drew veins in the leaves and then I curled the ends of the leaves.  I added tan floss around each stem, tied in a bow, and curled the ends of the floss.



The pumpkins look adorable sitting on an end table in our living room.... Where I plan to leave them until I decorate for Christmas!!

You know that we love it when you join the weekly challenge at BBTB2.  After you craft your pumpkin, non-Halloween project, add a photo link under the BBTB2 pumpkin challenge link.

I mentioned that I used the CLOSE TO MY HEART ART PHILOSOPHY cartridge to create the pumpkins.  I can honestly say that the Art Philosophy cartridge is still my favorite of all of the Cricut cartridges.  If you do not own the AP cartridge, please click on the cartridge name to visit my CTMH on-line store for more information on the AP cartridge.



While you are there, be sure to check out this month's STAMP OF THE MONTH - A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS.  This is a great cartridge for so many of your Christmas projects - cards, tags, scrapbook pages, gift bags, and personalized gift wrap.  The cartridge can be ordered for $17.95, or with a $50.00 CTMH order you can add the stamp of the month to your cart during checkout for only $5.00!!


12 comments:

snappy scrappy said...

So pretty!! Lee-Ann :)

Sandi said...

Susan stunning decor project, those pumpkins are better than than the real thing, lol, hugs

Carole Beath said...

Gasp.... what a wonderful creation, Susan. WOW.. This is just fabby.
Carole

Brenda said...

Oh Susan, these are fabulous!! I love the embossing and the leaves/vine on top of the pumpkins! I bet to these look great on your table, I think they are just awesome!!

Stephanie said...

Susan, these are gorgeous. What a wonderful project for the season. I hope I get to make some. Great leaves.

MelodyR aka Ry&MysMom said...

This caught my eyes on the BBTB2 blog I just had to stop by here too ;). This is gorgeous!

DonnaMundinger said...

Gorgeous, Susan. I was this close to doing them myself, but they wouldn't have been as pretty. Love your embossing and extra details. xxD

Bucharoo said...

Susan, Those pumpkins are wonderful! love the 3D projects.

Jayne said...

Love your pumpkins Susan.The texture on them is just wonderful.
Jayne x

Glenda said...

Wow! Such lovely 3D pumpkins! Love the pretty papers and embossing! Wonderful details! So happy you were able to participate in my pumpkin challenge!
Glenda

Suzanne cricutcraftingrammyblogspot.com said...

Susan I love these super adorable pumpkins. They are just so cute. Think I need to make some and decorate. Thanks for the inspiration.

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS !!!!