Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Sweet Get Well Card with A Sweet Scarecrow


Hello Everyone!  I am finally back from blogger exile and have a new project to share with you.  My sweet friend Bonnie has been in the hospital with some health issues and now that she is home I wanted to make her a card to raise her spirits. 


I used a bi-fold card from the Just a Note cartridge, cutting the card in a golden rod color.  Using the 12 inch trimmer, I trimmed away the words from the front top edge of the card.  I then used Cricut Font and Basic Shapes cartridge and welded images to create the cut on which the scarecrow is stamped. 



Above the scarecrow I used Close To My Heart's A Typeface stamp set to stamp the phrase Get Well.  I love this little stamp set and use it all of the time.  And what a great value for $6.95!! 


The scarecrow and the pumpkin stamps are from Close To My Heart's September Stamp of the Month set - Fall Favorites.  This is such a fun and festive stamp set, so full of harvest fun.  The Stamp of the Month set retails for $17.95, but with a $50 order from my on-line CTMH store, you will be offered the opportunity to purchase the SOTM set for only $5.00 during check out!!




To color my two stamped images, I used Close To My Heart's NEW alcohol markers. I stamped the images with CTMH ink and then colored with our alcohol markers - with zero smearing!!  The new markers are really nice and are similar to Copic markers - well, except for the price.  Copic markers tend to run $5-$6 each.  The CTMH new makers retail for $5.95 for a set of TWO markers - $3.00 each!!



Thanks so much for dropping by today for my return.  I had hoped to create a second project for you but last night Cricut Craft Room would not open for me.  If that continues I will call Provo Craft because I have a very busy with the cricky week planned!!!



2 comments:

DonnaMundinger said...

Super cute, Susan! Love the way the card opens and that scarecrow and pumppkins are adorable. I'm sure this will cheer Bonnie up in no time. xxD

Sandi said...

Susan, great cart, love the bling and that is a great stamp is adorable, hugs