Monday, September 24, 2012

Halloween Candy Jar


Hello everyone!  I am once again home from a FABULOUS weekend at Scrapbook Creations in Spartanburg, SC.  Wow, what fun we had!   Saturday the Breast Cancer Society was sponsoring a fund raiser crop at Scrapbook Creations with food, prizes and wonderful scrappers.  I won three great prizes - but the true winner of our group was Bonnie - who won five times! 


I know my regular blog followers know that Monday is usually Bitten by the Bug 2 day.  And while there is a really cute challenge this week, I am afraid I am going to miss the opportunity to participate.  I was so busy this weekend that I simply forgot to create a project - until it was nearly time to depart for home.  Once home I found Doug had made dinner (!), complete with dessert (!!), and put in a DVD of a British TV series that we are watching.  What a man.  I was so tired, however, that I passed out near the end of the DVD and slept on the sofa for two hours.... Sorry team members... As much fun as I had in Spartanburg, due to allergies (STILL) I did not sleep well all weekend.  I am so happy that I had a productive weekend so I have projects to share with you.

This was a quick little project I worked on after completing the hurricane lamp last Thursday night.  This candy dish sits on my round coffee table and I thought it could use some jazzing up for fall.  I found a set of cute Halloween tags in the Silhouette cut shop and downloaded them.  I thought is candy corn tag was perfect for my tall candy jar, complete with candy corn filler.  I attached the tag with Maya Road orange and white twine, tied in a little bow.



Thanks for stopping by today.  Please do go by the Bitten by the Bug 2 blog and checkout the cute, cute design team projects.  I cannot wait to see what they came up with this week!

No comments: