Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Fall Wedding Menu Project


Hello everyone.  Recently I have been working on a wedding project for a friend.  The wedding is in late October and has a fall leaf/ fall tree theme.  I was asked to design items for the tables at the reception:  table numbers, menus, and some decor.

I used Cricut Craft Room and two Cricut cartridges to create my menu design - Straight From the Nest and Art Philosophy.  I started with an empty corner frame from Straight From The Nest and welded the leaf from Art Philosophy inside.  If you look at the SFTN cartridge you will notice that there is already a corner design that contains a very similar leaf, but I wanted to use a stamp on my leaves so I used a leaf from AP.  I cut the frame and leaf in cream cardstock.


The wedding colors are navy and orange with other fall colors included.  I cut the base of the menu cards in navy cardstock.  They were created in Cricut Craft Room by welding the shadow cut of the corner piece (from SFTN) to a rectangle from AP.  I then copied and pasted the base layer to fill a full 12 x 12 sheet. 

Using the same leaf design used above, I cut 12 x 12 sheets of assorted fall colored leaves at 2 inches.  I then used the Close To My Heart Harvest Happiness stamp set (below) to stamp a design on all of the leaves.  I then used pop dots to attach the colored leaves over the cream leaves in the frames. 




The menu is still being finalized so the last step of the menu card assembly is on temporary hold.  My plan is to print the menu on cream cardstock, in the open space below, and then use the border stamp along  the edge.

I have to make 160 of the menus, but I honestly do not think this will be too overwhelming. I will also be cutting and stamping an extra 15 - 20 leaves for table decor. The leaves will be spread around the center pieces and table settings.




Once the menus and "scatter" leaves are finished I will be moving on to the table numbers.  I have a design in mind which also utilizes the leaves as a border decoration.  And too I will be cutting 160 leaves for the "wishes tree".    The last thing I will be making are the tags for the favors.  They are going to be so cute, but I will share those on a different day!


Thanks for stopping by today.  I hope you liked the preview the fall wedding decor.  For more information on any of the Close To My Heart products used above, click the highlighted name of the item or visit my on-line CTMH store HERE!

2 comments:

Sandi said...

what a beautiful touch for a fall wedding, love those colors you used, hugs

snappy scrappy said...

Gorgeous!! Lee-Ann :)