Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Fall Napkin Rings Crafted with Love


Hello everyone.   I am so completely ready for fall to be in the air, which in South Carolina will happen maybe next month, if I am lucky.  Sometimes it is difficult to escape that girl who grew up in Michigan; I still miss the true fall seasonal change.   But in the spirit of the up-coming fall season, I created these great fall napkin rings for my family.

  
The napkins were created using Close To My Heart's Art Philosophy cartridge, Close To My Heart Stamps, Close to my Heart cardstock and burlap ribbon, and Close To My Heart inks!  In fact, the only non-CTMH item on the napkin rings, is the bit of fall berries which came from our local Hobby Lobby.


I started by cutting eight strips of CTMH Burlap ribbon 6 inches long.  Using an empty toilet paper roll, I hot glued the ribbon around closed around the tube, folding the edges under to seal.   Once all eight burlap rings were formed I put them aside.

Using Close To My Heart's Art Philosophy cartridge, I cut 24 leaves at 2 inches tall, eight each of three colors.  Using the Harvest Happiness stamp set, which I adore (!), I stamped the leaves with the coordinating leaf stamp. 

I also cut eight acorns from the Art Philosophy cartridge and those too were stamped with the Harvest Happiness stamp set.





I cut eight circles with the Art Philosophy cartridge as well as scalloped circles on which to mount the circles.  I stamped the eight circles with my Close To My Heart Monogram stamp - E, for Edwards.  I love the monogram stamps - they are available in each letter of the alphabet and are very inexpensive.


I used the hot glue gun to assemble the napkin rings.  First I applied hot glue to the burlap ring and placed the stamped leaves onto the burlap.   Next I added the berry sprig, the monogram, and finally the acorn. I just love the look of the napkin rings and cannot wait to use them.


Here is one last look at the napkin rings.  They are going to look so good with fall colored napkins!! 



Products used:

CTMH Burlap Ribbon
CTMH Art Philosophy Cartridge
CTMH Cardstock
     Cranberry
     Topiary
     Creme Brulee
CTMH Harvest Happiness Stamp set
CTMH Monogram E stamp
CTMH ink
     Cranberry
     Autumn Terracotta
     Ponderosa Pine
Hot glue
Fall berries

Close To My Heart News:

This is the last week of the month and your last week to take advantage of a fabulous savings and a fabulous deal.  Through this week only you can purchase  your Cricut Artiste (or Art Philosophy) cartridge bundle for $99.00 and purchase two great $5.00 add ons. The Cricut Artiste bundle includes:


Cricut Artiste (suggested retail price of $ 59.99), Three Stamp Sets (retail value of $17.95 each), & Three Dimensional Element chipboard sets (retail value of $4.95 each). That is a total recommended retail price of $128.69 for the much lower price of $99!



Because you spent over $35, you can now purchase the It's Your Day stamp set, CTMH's special for National Stamping Month!, for $5.00. This is a $35.90 value stamp set for only $5!



Because you spent over $50, you can now purchase the September Stamp of the Month for $5.00 a value of $17.95 (coordinates with the Art Philosophy cartridge).



That is a total of 6 stamp sets, 1 Cricut cartridge, and 3 sheets of chipboard for only $109.00 before tax and shipping! And best of all, YOU SAVE ==> $78.54

Click Here to visit my Close To My Heart on-line store

4 comments:

snappy scrappy said...

These are so pretty...love all the layers and burlap! Lee-Ann :)

Hrvatica said...

Beautiful napkin ring! I love it.

1Happy Mimi said...

Beautiful project! And I can tell you the colors here in Michigan are changing & are beautiful!

Merilee Lane said...

You really did a great job on these--I love them!

Thanks for sharing,
Merilee