Monday, September 17, 2012

Butterfly Gift Box


Hello everyone!  Today is Monday and that means it is time for the weekly Bitten By The Bug 2 challenge.  This week's challenge was selected by my uber-talented and very sweet design team sister, Sandi Kelly.   Sandi selected a wonderfully creative theme:  Things in nature that fly!  How fun is that? 

I considered crafting a cardinal and evergreen card for Christmas, but then I remembered my favorite butterfly cut!!  The butterfly cut on the Art Philosophy cartridge is my favorite butterfly in all of Cricut-dome!  Seriously, there are a ton of Cricut butterfly cuts available, but the AP butterfly is my favorite.

I decided to craft a gift box on which to rest my beautiful butterflies.  I really like this decorative box with the pretty cut out on top which is found on the Artiste cartridge.   Using the 12 x 24 inch cutting mat I cut the box using Darcies 12 x 17 inch printed cardstock.  I know I have mentioned Darcies cardstock before - I really do like the larger sheets for gift boxes and gift bags.  In fact, I just placed an order for a few sheets of large Christmas themed prints for Christmas gift boxes/bags!



I wrapped the box in a green burlap "ribbon" that I picked up at the Creating Keepsakes Convention last month.  The scalloped ribbon trim was purchased at the same time, from the fiber vendor.  I came home with a bag of wonderful ribbons and fibers!


I love the decorative cut in the lid of the box.  It is a perfect peek-a-boo window.  I backed the window with clear acetate.  I always save the acetate sheets from Cricut cartridges so that I have a stash on hand for window projects.



The box opens on top and is perfect for treats or a fun little gift.  I suspect this box is going to make its way to one of my friends on a gifting occasion.

Thanks for stopping by Busy with the Cricky today.  Please go by the Bitten by the Bug 2 blog and check out the design team members' fabulous project of things in nature that fly, they have done a wonderful job!!  Also, please do consider joining us in this week's challenge.  We love it when our readers play along.  For more information on joining the challenge, visit BBTB2.





Close To My Heart September Specials


Between September 1st-30th, get your Cricut Artiste cartridge bundle for $99.00. The Cricut Artiste bundle includes:

Cricut Artiste (suggested retail price of $ 59.99), Three Stamp Sets (retail value of $17.95 each), & Three Dimensional Element chipboard sets (retail value of $4.95 each). That is a total recommended retail price of $128.69 for the much lower price of $99!



 Because you spent over $35, you can now purchase the It's Your Day stamp set, CTMH's special for National Stamping Month!, for $5.00. This is a $35.90 value stamp set for only $5!


Because you spent over $50, you can now purchase the September Stamp of the Month for $5.00 a value of $17.95 (coordinates with the Art Philosophy cartridge).


That is a total of 6 stamp sets, 1 Cricut cartridge, and 3 sheets of chipboard for only $109.00 before tax and shipping! And best of all, YOU SAVE ==> $78.54




12 comments:

Stephanie said...

Well this is just gorgeous. Love the box and paper. And the butterflies are beautiful.

Jayne said...

This is so beautiful Susan.Love the butterfly cut,it's my favourite too!
Jayne x

~JulieH~ said...

gorgeous box Susan pink and green one of my favourite colour combos and
i agree that butterfly is stunning!
Hugs
Juliexx

Sandi said...

Susan, such a sweet box and love the colors you used, hugs

Jeri said...

Wonderful project, Susan. Love all the trimmings.

Suzanne cricutcraftingrammyblogspot.com said...

I love this butterfly so much too. Makes a stunning pop of color on your gorgeous gift box. I definitely need to try one of these with some of my larger paper. Thanks for the inspiration.

DonnaMundinger said...

Gorgeous box and fab paper. Will have to go cut that fab butterfly. It truly is exqusite! xxD

Brenda said...

Wow Susan this gift box is just beautiful! I love the paper you used and I love that butterfly! So lacey and femine! Hugs!!

Glenda said...

Beautiful gift box! Love the pretty butterfly and trims!
Glenda

Bella and Aidees Mom said...

My friend this is so darling..Those butterflies give your creation a wonderful surprise to the eyes..Hugs..Krista

DIANA L. said...

This is beautiful I just love the shocking pink butterflies against the green of the gift box.

DIANA L.
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

Penniannie said...

Oh my what a beautiful box, and I love pink and green, your gift you made for your sons friends wedding was AWESOME.....


hugs
Penny