Monday, September 10, 2012

Ahoy there, Sailor!


Hello everyone. Today is Monday and that means it is time for the weekly Bitten by the Bug 2 challenge. This week's challenge was selected by my lovely design team sister, Brenda. In that tomorrow is the 11th anniversary of the 9-11 terrorist attack on the U.S., Brenda asked the BBTB2 design team to create a project honoring those in the military or those lost in the attacks. I chose to create a card with a U.S. Navy theme.




 
I used two Cricut cartridges to create my project: Stand and Salute and Art Philosophy. I cut the three layered shield using Stand and Salute. I cut the shield at 5 inch tall to fit the front of the card nicely. I used Art Philosophy to cut the oval and scalloped oval on which I stamped an image. The oval was cut at 3 inches tall and the scalloped oval was cut at 3.5 inches.


The stamp I used is from Bombshell stamps and is perfect for a sailor's card! The stamp set is called Ahoy Sailor and is available here.

I used Copic makers to color the sailor pin-up girl. I added stickles to her lips and the side stars, as well as adding gems to the stars. I used red CTMH ribbon in two places, as red gems.

Using red ink and a small anchor stamp, I stamped an anchor border down the edge of the inside of the card.



Remember the BBTB2 design team loves it when you decide to play along with us in our weekly challenges. You have one week to create you IN HONOR project and post it at the BBTB2 Blog.


Close To My Heart September Specials


Between September 1st-30th, get your Cricut Artiste cartridge bundle for $99.00. The Cricut Artiste bundle includes:
- Cricut Artiste (suggested retail price of $ 59.99), Three Stamp Sets (retail value of $17.95 each), & Three Dimensional Element chipboard sets (retail value of $4.95 each). That is a total recommended retail price of $128.69 for the much lower price of $99!




- Because you spent over $35, you can now purchase the It's Your Day stamp set, CTMH's special for National Stamping Month!, for $5.00. This is a $35.90 value stamp set for only $5!


- Because you spent over $50, you can now purchase the September Stamp of the Month for $5.00 a value of $17.95 (coordinates with the Art Philosophy cartridge)



That is a total of 6 stamp sets, 1 Cricut cartridge, and 3 sheets of chipboard for only $109.00 before tax and shipping! And best of all, YOU SAVE ==> $78.54



Click HERE to visit my on-line Close To My Heart Store!!


9 comments:

snappy scrappy said...

Great card...neat vintage looking image! Lee-Ann :)

Sandi said...

love love the vintage of this card, great take on the challenge, hugs

Jeri said...

Great card, Susan. I love the glittery sparkle on the frame.

Brenda said...

Wow Susan, this card is so beautiful and patriotic! I love the image you stamped and colored, how fabulous is your shield-so love it!! I also love the vintage feel of this card! Thanks for making this challenge so special for me! Hugs!!

Stephanie said...

Love this, Susan. Love the glittery cut. Great military look on the background cut. Your image is colored so well. Awesome card.

DonnaMundinger said...

So pretty! Lovin' the vintage feel. xxD

Sharon said...

Beautiful card!!! :)

Suzanne cricutcraftingrammyblogspot.com said...

What a cute stamp and I love the gold frame with the red, white and blue. Such a great card!

Penniannie said...

Susan,

I love this card, I love vintage,and this is perfect, Greta stamp and your coloring is beautifully done......

Hugs
Penny