Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Vintage-ish Card with Artiste & Embossing Powders


Hello everyone.  I have a new Cricut Artiste cartridge project to share with you today.  The colors in this project are a bit outside my normal comfort range, but I truly like the end results.  Every product used on this card except the lace, ribbon, burgundy embossing powder and beads are available through my Close To My Store. 


All pieces of this card were cut using Cricut Artiste, including the two shaped cuts on the front.  The focal stamp used is from the Jardin set, a new Parisian themed set in the fall/winter catalog.  I used the butterfly and flourish image and stamped it in clear embossing ink onto the printed cardstock shaped tag.  I then used two different colors of embossing powder - metallic gold and burgundy.  I applied the burgundy first to the top area of the stamped image - the words and the butterfly - avoiding all other areas.  I then added the gold powder over the rest of the stamped image.  After removing the excess embossing powder, I heat embossed the entire stamped image.  I inked the edges of the tag and adhered it to a larger cut of the same shape.


For the top layer of the card I used the same technique except I only used one color of embossing powder.  I used clear embossing ink and the stamp on the lower left in the photo below (from this month's Stamp of the Month set - Baroque Borders).  I stamped in two opposite corners on the card and a used burgundy embossing powder.   I love using a repeat pattern of these stamps to create embossed backgrounds. 


To embellish the card I added several different elements.  I cut two flowers using the Cricut Artist cartridge and using the quilling tool I rolled the cuts to create the flower pictured below.  I added the pearl and sparkle beads to the flowers as added embellies.


I used a gold metallic shimmer spray and sprayed the flowers and card front to add a fine layer of shimmer to the card.  Into the photo below you can see an up close image of the embossing and the shimmer mist.


I used CTMH's new mini pigment pads to ink the edges of the shaped mats.  There are four sets of the pigment pads and they are the same colors as our large ink pads.   Not only did I ink the edges of the shaped tag cut, I also used the mini pigment pads to change the color of my lace.


The lace I used on this card was a bit too taupe in color so I used the Honey mini pigment pad to color my lace!!

The cardstock used to create this card is also from Close to My Heart and is call La Belle Vie.  The set contains six sheets of printed cardstock and six sheets of coordinating solid cardstock.  I purchased this set to create art for my guest bath.  I have a fun French themed bath and thought I could created some framed art with these cardstock and stamps. 



Thanks for stopping by today for another Cricut Artiste project.  If you have not already purchased your Cricut Artiste cartridge set, I would be happy to help you with that.   Just click HERE to access my CTMH on-line store and have the cartridge shipped directly to you. 

As a reminder, anyone who purchases a CTMH cricut cartridge from me in the month of AUGUST will go into a drawing for $50.00 of free CTMH merchandise of the winner's choice!! 



I will be back tomorrow with another project to share!!


3 comments:

Look around the corner said...

love it !!! eveline

Sandi said...

what a fun card, snazzy colors, hugs

Nicole said...

This is a beautiful card and I love the embossing!!