Monday, August 27, 2012

Student Teacher Notebook for BBTB2


Hello everyone - happy Monday!  With so many children returning to school this month and next my sweet design team sister, Brenda at Bitten by the Bug 2 selected the theme BACK TO SCHOOL for this week's challenge.  I had a couple of ideas about what I could do with this theme - a back to school treat bag package, college apartment layout, etc.  But then I decided to do something for my daughter, Bethany.  Bethany is in her final semester of college and is currently student teaching/interning second grade at a local elementary school.  I thought Bethany might like a little memory notebook from her student teaching experiences.



While at the Creating Keepsakes Convention earlier this month, my friend and roommate Toby gave me a  SEI chipboard notebook she was sure I would find a use for.  And Toby - you were right - I did find a way to use the book!  The book was a perfect canvas on which to build Bethany's memory notebook. 

I used two cartridges to create all of the cuts used on this notebook - Cricut Artiste and Art Philosophy - both of which are available at my CTMH on line store.  I also used cardstock from the CTMH Scholastic and CTMH Avonlea lines, stamps from the Art Philosophy set, and the alphabet font A Typeface by CTMH.



I filled one of the vellum pockets inside the notebook with additional shapes and cuts so that Bethany will have extras as she assembles her notebook.  I also added empty tabs to each section of the book and left an open edge so that Bethany may title her sections.


There is an elastic band that wraps around the notebook to hold it closed.  I left that in place as Bethany thought it would be useful with all of the notes and memorabilia she will be adding to the book.  And her opinion - when she saw the completed notebook she told me she really liked it and expecially likes the pockets, pull out extended pages, and all of the places to add notes!  Yeah....!

One final note, I used CTMH Burlap Ribbon to create a pennant shape for the cover.  And... I discovered that you CAN stamp on burlap!! 

Be sure to go by the BBTB2 blog and check out all of the Back to School projects the design team created!  Super-cuteness!


Remember that we are down to the last week of my special offer - Anyone who orders either of the CTMH Cricut cartridges from me this month will be entered into a drawing for $50 in free CTMH merchandise of their choice.  Also we have two stamp specials - the stamp of the month and the double stamp set for National Stamping Month.  See my CTMH link above for more information.

Thank you for stopping by today.  I will be back tomorrow with a project that I am SUPER-EXCITED to share with you!!!  I spent several days planning and two days working on tomorrow's project!!

15 comments:

snappy scrappy said...

Great little journal/memory book! Lee-Ann :)

Sandi said...

Susan, fab project, each detail honed to perfection, hugs

Jayne said...

Fabulous memory book and I love all the pockets too!
Jayne x

Jeri said...

Your daughter is going to put this fabulous book to good use. I wish her well in her teaching endeavors. I hope she doesn't change her mind after her close encounter with a real classroom. LOL Makes me think of my early days in the classroom. This is the only time of year when I miss being in the classroom just a little. Seeing all those smiling faces as they enter so excited to start another year, with all the new school supplies.

DonnaMundinger said...

Oh Susan, what a wonderful keepsake for your daughter! Bet she'll have a ball filling it with memories. Congrats to her and you on a job well done. xxD

Sharon said...

What a fabulous memory book!! Love the cover!! Those leaves and that acorn are just to cute. :)

~JulieH~ said...

Oh this is fabulous Susan, I'm sure Bethany will love it and the burlap is a perfect touch too
Hugs
Juliexx

Janet Hamilton said...

How very nice, Susan. I'm sure Bethany will love this and find ways she hasn't even thought of yet to use the pages. I taught second grade for 29 years--I hope she has a wonderful experience (and finds a teaching position after graduation)!

Stephanie said...

What a great idea. She will love it. In years to come I bet she looks at it often and remembers. So very cute.

Brenda said...

This is fabulous Susan, I love this idea and it will sure make a great keepsake for your daughter! I am loving seeing all these ideas with the CTMH Cricut carts, they are so fabulous and the carts are so amazing that one could just have those two and not need another cart! Unless you are me. lol Thanks for making my challenge special with this amazing notebook! Hugs!!

Suzanne cricutcraftingrammyblogspot.com said...

I love your awesome idea and love your creation. How fun for your daughter to keep her Student Teaching memories. I wish her the best of luck!

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

What a fabulous memory book! It is so pretty ! Just love it!

Bella and Aidees Mom said...

Oh My this is sweet..I totally remember those days of student teaching..I did mine in the First grade and my mentor was not very nice...EEK...Hope Bethany relates well to the teacher:) Krista

Suzanne cricutcraftingrammyblogspot.com said...

Hi susan- You are my winner for my August blog candy which is a $10 gift certificate to Michaels. If Michaels doesn't work for you let me know. Also please send me your address.
swoozan@roadrunner.com :)

Penniannie said...

OMG, what a great project, it wiil be perfect for your Daughters Student teaching....

Hugs
Penny