Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Silhouette Christmas in August?



Hello everyone!  I am going to take a break from the Cricut Artiste cartridge today and share a Silhouette Cameo Christmas card with you.  I found this fun nine tile cut at the Silhouette store and thought it could be adapted to be an adorable Christmas card front.

After cutting the basic pieces and assembling the tiles I matted the tiles on the dark green square.  I wanted a white matting behind the dark green so I added the white rectangle with a fun lower edge.  I dressed up the card by adding two buttons with red and white twine.  I used a shimmery heavy red cardstock for the base card and attached the card front to the card.  And that was it - a fun and easy Christmas card!!

One more word about Christmas cards - I tend to made several styles and themes.  I like the traditional nativity cards I had previously shared in the THIS post, as well as the fun style of another tri-fold card I shared in THIS post.  The three different styles of cards are intended for three different groups of recipients.  I will be crafting some really pretty poinsettia cards in the coming weeks and they will be for yet another group of recipients.    Also, I tend to make multiples of each card!  I made four of these fun Christmas tile cards, eight of the nativity cards and six of the fun tri-fold cards!  



In the coming weeks I will be sharing more Christmas cards.  If you see something that you like, feel free to save the photo and make your own version of the card.   I hope to create something that appeals to each of you!

Close To My Heart











You’ll love this double set—two D-size sets in one envelope—which includes nearly 50 trendy images that makes it easy to capture the everyday moments in your life. The double set has a retail value of $35.90, which drastically increases the value of your qualifying purchase! Have twice the fun stamping during National Stamping Month with our new, exclusive It’s Your Day double stamp set!

Dates: Offer valid August 15 (9:00 am MDT) – September 30, 2012 (11:59 pm MDT)





This month's Stamp of the Month, Baroque Borders, is available for a limited time only and can be yours for $5.00!! With a $50.00 order you can add BOTH the Stamp of the Month and the It's Your Day Double Stamp sets for $5.00 each!!!





If you purchase the Cricut Artiste cartridge for $99 for the set, you can add the Stamp of the Month and the Double Stamp set deals. The three sets combined have a retail value of $182.85, yours for $109.95 (plus s/h and tax) That is a saving of $72.90! You will have the Cricut Cartridge, the three sets of chip board that come with the cartridge, the three sets of stamps that come with the cartridge, the Stamp of the Month set and the National Stamping Month double set - 6 sets of stamps!!!



2 comments:

Plastic Card said...

The perfect cards for the best occasion. So beautiful designed with nice color. I appreciate this.

Bess said...

Some great ideas in those cards. you've given me a few ideas that I can use to add to some of my cards!