Friday, August 31, 2012

Planning for the Christmas Time Crunch



Hello everyone.   I took a few days away from serious, hard core crafting to deal with my annual allergy attack.  I have NO idea what I am allergic to but it always hits me at this time of year.  I finally went to the doctor yesterday and she prescribed two new drugs that seem to be making me breathe a bit better.  I will be happy if I do not cough all night!!!

I did mange to finish a few Christmas cards that I started earlier this month.  I want to have all of my Christmas cards ready to mail by December 1st and that means I should be working on them now, before the rush of the Christmas season.  Today a going to share another Close To My Heart  Workshop On The Go - the Pear & Partridge Christmas Card Kit (G1043), the kit I used to make the cards photographed here.  I adore this kit; it has all of the materials needed to create 15 Christmas cards (five cards each of three styles) including cards and envelopes, stamps, ribbon, gems, cardstock, and instructions.  You only need to supply ink and adhesive!  
 


Of course being me I had to make one or two changes to the basic instructions - I changed the shape of the cardstock on which the images were stamped.  I used Cricut Artiste and cut decorative shapes and I liked this look far better than the rectangles suggested by instructions. 


In the card below I made two changes - the shape of the stamped cardstock and the color of the ribbon.  The Workshop On The Go comes with two spool of taupe colored ribbon - used on the card above.  For the card below I changed the ribbon to cream twill ribbon.  I think red would have worked also.


On the card below I once again changed the shape of the stamped cardstock as well as the ribbon color.  I used CTMH red ribbon and I like the final result much better. 


If you have not looked at the CTMH Workshops On The Go, you should go take a look at them all by CLICKING HERE.  There are scrapbook page workshops, card workshops, the previously shown Advent Calendar workshop, and other home decor workshops.  I love the WOTG kits!  I think they are a really smart value.  You receive the stamps, cardstock and embellishments to create the projects.


Thanks for stopping by today.  I will be back tomorrow with news for September!


4 comments:

Nicole said...

These cards are super cute!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, this kit is great. Thanks for sharing.

Joy

Hank Hendricks said...

These are so beautiful. How can i design such nice designs for the plastic business cards to make them so attractive like these? I really appreciate these cards. Thanks for sharing.

Luria said...

Hello Susan,

Love the cards very pretty. I have not tried the WOTG from close to my heard but it sounds like I should thank for sharing.

Luria