Monday, August 6, 2012

Flying High with Cricut Artiste



Hello everyone!  Welcome to the Bitten by the Bug 2 Hot Air Balloon challenge.  My wonderful design team sister, Jeri selected this week's challenge:  The theme is FLY AWAY! - craft a Hot Air Balloon (or if you do not have a cartridge with a hot air balloon use an airplane).  I have several hot air balloon cuts, but I chose my to use my latest obsession - Cricut Artiste, by Close To My Heart


I cut the two layered hot air balloon on the Artiste cartridge three times - the top layer once and the bottom layer twice.  I then hand trimmed the middle pink-ish middle section to fit in the middle opening.  I added gemstones and a few doodles to the balloon, as well as pop dots to the back. 

I made the sentiment "prize ribbon" using cream colored CTMH cardstock and one set of the stamps that came with the Artiste cartridge (pictured below the ribbon photo).  I used four of the stamps on the "You're the Best" ribbon:  the rosette shaped stamp, one of the circle border stamps, the "You're the Best" stamp and the ribbon stamp.  I LOVE the circle border stamps and the ribbon stamp so much!  The ribbon stamp looks like real ribbon so I may never have to say again, "I can't find ribbon to match this!"




I cut the double layer shaped matting using CTMH cream and CTMH brown cardstocks and the Artiste cartridge.  I matted the shapes on two CTMH printed cardstock rectangles.  I used a Kraft card, again from CTMH.  You cannot say that I do not LOVE the products that I sell!!!  :-)




Remember that if you are considering purchasing the CTMH Cricut Artiste Cartridge that I am a Close To My Heart Consultant and I would love to sell the cartridge to you.  I have a special going for  month of August - Anyone who purchases a CTMH Cricut Cartridge from my on-line store August 1 - August 31 will automatically be entered into a drawing for $50.00 in CTMH merchandise of their choice!!!



Also remember that when you purchase the CTMH Cricut Artiste cartridge that you can add the August Stamp of the Month - Baroque Borders - to your cart for only $5.00!!  


15 comments:

DonnaMundinger said...

Gorgeous SUsan! Those stamps are so perfect with the ribbon shapes and I love the way you've tricked out the balloon. xxD

snappy scrappy said...

So pretty...love the bright colours and the bling! Lee-Ann :)

Rosie said...

cool card, love the bling

rosiemini@gmail.com
www.scraplovingminis.blogspot.com

Carole Beath said...

I will never fly in a hot air balloon because of my fear of being even 5 steps about mother Earth, BUT if I were to fly, I'd pick one that looks exactly like yours.
Carole

Jayne said...

Love your card Susan and particularly your rosette.Fab cart!
Jayne x

Stephanie said...

I just love a blingy balloon. Love the way you used those stamps too.

Brenda said...

Love this card Susan! Of course I want this cart as well. lol Love all the bling on the balloon and I love the stamped images too. Although I didn't realize at first that they were stamps. lol Hugs!

Jeri said...

I just knew you were going to use that new cartridge for your creation this week. I'd give absolutely anything to be able to afford those CTMH cartridges. My hubby would absolutely kill me if I even considered it. So alas, creating without them is better than not being able to create at all. LOL I absolutely love everthing about your card from the colors and papers to the embellishments. Thanks for participating in my Fly Away challenge and sharing the new cartridge with us all.

Hrvatica said...

Beautiful card. Love the bright colors and the bling.

Sandi said...

Susan the color and bling make this a smashing success! hugs

Suzanne cricutcraftingrammyblogspot.com said...

I am green with envy. Can't wait till my cart comes. This is gorgeous.

Glenda said...

Beautiful card! Love the Cricut cuts, stamps, colors, and embellishments!
Glenda

Penniannie said...

Wow, Love your card,super colors and love the Bling...

Hugs
Penny

shelly said...

susan, awesomeness as always :) i too am in envy of the cart, oh well cant have em all at least not on my budget lol ;)

Bella and Aidees Mom said...

The colors r perfect and the bling just shouts fab..Krista