Wednesday, August 1, 2012

CTMH Cricut Artiste Debut!




Hello everyone!!  I am SOOO EXCITED!!  Today is the day that you can FINALLY order the fabulous Cricut Artiste Cartridge!!!  I simply cannot say enough about this cartridge - it has 700 cuts covering themes like birthdays, holidays, cards, 3-D objects, cards, cupcake wrappers, bottle wrappers, fonts, frames, etc! 

Last week during my Christmas in July series I shared several Christmas projects made using the Cricut Artiste cartridge.  Today I am sharing a Cricut Artiste birthday project.  You too could make this cute little bag - all of the cuts are on the cartridge and all of the stamps are included with the cartridge!!!  All you have to do is select cardstock.



The basic purse cut I used is found on page 35 of the Cricut Artiste handbook.  I cut the purse twice using two different print cardstock patterns.  After scoring both pieces, I measured and trimmed away the upper portion of the orange-ish print purse.  The orange-ish pattern section was then glued over the bottom portion of the teal print.  After that I assembled the bag and set it aside.


I cut two elements to stamp for this project - the pennant type cut above (found on page 77 if the Artiste Handbook) and the Happy Birthday banner (found on page 35 of the Artiste Handbook) on the bottom portion of the bag.  I cut the two pieces to be stamped using the measurements printed beside the stamp on the acetate overlay.  New this year - each overlay now tells you on which page of the handbook you can find the corresponding cut!



The last element I cut was the two layer dress form.  I used the solid cardstocks which coordinated with the CTMH Stella paper set.



Now that I have shared another example of what you can do with the cartridge, let's talk again about what you get with this set.  The Cricut Artiste set includes the 700 cut cartridge with the handbook, overlay and an extra book with instructions on assembling the 3-D objects.  You receive three large sheets of chipboard shapes that correspond with the stamps and the cartridge.  And you receive three sets of stamps that match cuts on the cartridge.






And just like last year with the Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge, the new Close to My Heart Fall/Winter Idea Book is filled with stamp sets that coordinate with the Artiste cartridge (click the name to view the on-line catalog).  And just in case you are wondering, there are also lots of stamps for the Art Philosophy cartridge.  If you look at the pages in the idea book, you will see under the stamps is the name of the cartridge to which they coordinate. 



Oh I bet you thought I was finished!!!  Nope, one more thing - As it is August 1st today that means I have a new Stamp of the Month to share with you! 

I have to tell you that I love this month's Stamp of the Month - Baroque Borders.

Look at the layout in the photo below.  This background was stamped and embossed using the Baroque Borders set.  How beautiful is that?


Baroque Borders retails for $17.95 but can be yours for $5.00 with a $50.00 order.   If you order the Cricut Artiste cartridge set and the Stamp Of The Month, they have a combined value of $147.90, but you will pay $104.95 (plus s/h and tax)!!!  Nice savings!!


Thanks for stopping by today.  I hope I did not throw too much info at you, but I truly am excited to give each of you the opportunity to own these wonderful products!!!

4 comments:

snappy scrappy said...

Very pretty! Lee-Ann :)

Sandi said...

Susan, beautiful project, hugs

Rosie said...

cute project

rosiemini@gmail.com
www.scraplovingminis.blogspot.com

Carole Beath said...

Susan's touch to each of the die cuts and stamps is what makes this post so awesome. You create and it springs forth ... Love everything, my friend.
Carole