Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Tri-fold Christmas in July


Hello Everyone!  I am at Lake Murray, SC for a few days enjoying the summer sunshine – mostly from indoors looking out – scrapping with friends.   Internet at the lake is sketchy, at best, so I may not be able to post everyday.


I have made a plethora of Christmas cards this week.  The one in this post I am especially pleased with as the design came to me in moment of inspiration.  I had cut a tri-told shutter card for a birthday card and suddenly realized that with the right stamps this design could make an adorable Christmas card!


I cut the base card, printed and white cardstock layers using my 12” trimmer.  This is a no-machine card.  And of course I used Close to My Heart stamps!   Every image stamped on this card is from the Christmas Love (D1492) stamp set.





This card was so easy to make - after cutting the base card, I measured the small squares, large squares and long rectangle areas.  I then used the paper trimmer to cut the patterned inserts.  I then cut the white cardstock inserts a 1/2 inch smaller (in both directions) than the patterned papers. 


After stamping the images onto the white cardstock, I edged the white with green ink.  I then added liquid pearls to the swirl areas on some of the designs and stickles to other areas.

I left the center square empty so that I would have space to include a personalized note and signature when I mail the card.  Oh and speaking of mailing - this card folds nicely so that it will not require extra postage!



Thanks for stopping by today.  If I am able I will post again tomorrow.  If not, I will give you a recap when I am home again at the end of the week!  I will tease a bit and say that I am getting A LOT of cardmaking and scrapping projects completed!!

3 comments:

Judy G. said...

Susan,
This is absolutely the prettiest card, and it looks so complicated -even though you said it was easy to make, it sure doesn't look easy. I need to try this on one of my cards, but I guess first I need to find out how to make a tri-fold shutter card. TFS!!

DeeAnn Young said...

Beautiful... I looks amazing. Susan I just stumbled upon you amazing blog and I am loving it! I am a working mother that is trying out the world of the web... I would love it if you would visit my blog sometime... It is definitley nothing near your blogs level but I am trying harder every day. Thank you for you inspiration! From one scrapbooking mom to another!

www.dyscrapbooking.com

dgroovy said...

what a fantastic card. I would love for you to share the cutting pattern for this card.