Saturday, July 21, 2012

Tri-fold Birthday Card


Hello everyone.  How about one more Tri-fold Shutter card this week?  This fun, monochromatic birthday card is another of the 30 cards I created at while at the lake crop earlier this week.    I cut this card - the base card only, on my Silhouette Cameo.  I like the scalloped edge trim of the cameo file.  However, I like the size of the hand cut card from earlier this week better.

I cut the dot cardstock with the 12 inch trimmer to fit into the card sections.  I liked the blue on blue summer look of this card. 



I used more than one Close To My Heart stamp set on this card and I am not going to list each of the three.  The primary stamp set, however, is this cute wreath set:  Remarkable Wreath, C1473.  This cute stamp set retails for $13.95. 

I really like the basic wreath in this set.  I stamped it in green but it would be wonderful stamped in brown ink.  The wreath topper choices are berries, flowers or fall leaves - the variety of toppers allow for this to be a year around stamp set.  You could use the berries for a wonderful holiday look. 



I used the "4 You" banner in the top middle section of this card - I thought the banner had a festive, birthday look to it.


I used the Life is Good stamp from the set featured above.  I love the way this stamps flows.


I used a set of mini stamps in a few of the small squares.


Thanks for stopping by to take check out this tri-fold birthday card.  I hope you all have a wonderful weekend and I will see you again on Monday for a week of Christmas in July!




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the Tri-fold cards you have posted this week. I had never thougth of stamping a tri-fold card. Must give that a try!! Thanks!
Joy

Carole Beath said...

I forgot about making Tri Fold cards. Must get my template out because I love them, and yours is fantastic.
Carole

Rosie said...

awesome card, really liking that blue

rosiemini@gmail.com
www.scraplovingminis.blogspot.com