Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Silhouette Layout


 Hello everyone!  I hope you are having a great week.  Today I am going to share another layout with you -another Titanic Party layout.  When scrapping the event, I devoted two pages to each of the three dining tables at the party.  This layout, with its beautiful photo mat and embellished cuts, features the photos from the Ladies Only table, our only ladies only table.



I used the the Silhouette Cameo to cut the fabulous detailed matting and embellies for this layout.  The original doily mat was downloaded from Monica's Creative Room, a fabulous site with the most amazingly detailed Silhouette Cameo cut files.  I had previously downloaded a number of Monica's cut files and I had been looking for an opportunity to use one of the file.  This Ladies Only layout seemed to be the perfect chance to try one of the cut files.

I stretched the file a bit horizontally to make it better fit the 5x7 inch photo.  I believe the original cut file might have been square.  The stretching worked well and I thought the file was not too distorted to use.



With the doily cut being so detailed I did not want to add to many additional embellishments.  I had this fabulous "Scrapbook Jewelry" by Prima and I decided it was perfect for this layout.  I used glue dots to affix the jewelry to the page and then I added the little red and black anchor to the jewelry.  (You may recall, each double page layout contains a nautical cut to carry the theme though the scrapbook).


This is the second page of the layout.  I  used the same background cardstocks that I used on the first page and added a few of the doily cuts as embellishments.  Again the photos feature only the ladies from the Ladies Only table. 


For the other two tables of guests at the party I also created double page layouts highlighting only those guests and included a photo of the guests seated together on their layouts.  I thought this would be a nice way to document who sat where.

I took the photo below to show you the fabulous black glitter cardstock I used as a background.  I started with a 12 x 12 inch white sheet of cardstock and added an 11 x 11 inch  sheet of dark red cardstock.  The last layer was a 10 x 10 inch square of the glittery cardstock.  I then used the same red cardstock to mat the photos. 

This scrapbook was very fun to create and I had so enjoyed scrapping the photos.



3 comments:

Sandi said...

Susan, this is so elegantly beautiful, love the texture and the white touches with the black and red are striking, hugs

snappy scrappy said...

So pretty...love the glam! Lee-Ann :)

DonnaMundinger said...

Oh WOW, Susan! That border is to die for! Cut it out, I don't need another machine. LOL Gorgeous layout. I was just talking about your party yesterday. I really think you should go into the party planning business. xxD