Thursday, July 26, 2012

Quick and Elegant Christmas Card with Artiste


Hello everyone.  Yesterday's gift card holders were fun to make and I so look forward to using them this December, but today I want to show you that not everything has to be complicated.  You can use the CTMH Cricut Artiste Cartridge to make quick, simple and elegant (!) Christmas cards!!



I used two cuts from the Cricut Artiste cartridge - the word Noel, found on page 79 of the Artiste handbook.  I cut NOEL in green cardstock.  The second Artiste cut is the beautiful frame - found on page 60 of the Artiste handbook.   Using Cricut Craft Room I reshaped the frame a bit, giving it more of a rectangular shape (less square) and cut it out with textured American Crafts white cardstock. 


Using the 12 inch trimmer, I cut a rectangle of deep red cardstock to fill the frame, and embossed it with a winter snow border embossing folder.  After placing the deep red embossed rectangle behind the frame, I used my trusty sewing machine and straight stitched around the frame.

Once again using the Christmas Love CTMH stamp set, I stamped the Christmas tree in deep green ink, cut it out with micro tipped scissors and added the tree to the foreground of the card.

The background of card was covered with two vintage Christmas prints to coordinate with the deep red and the greens.  With two Cricut cuts, one stamped image and some quick embossing this card goes together in no time and could easily be produced in larger number for mailing.



Thank you for stopping by today.  I will be back tomorrow with a couple of Christmas entertaining ideas to share with you!!


CLOSE TO MY HEART CRICUT ARTISTE CARTRIDGE COUNTDOWN:  6 DAYS

In six days you can order this great new cartridge!!!!





2 comments:

snappy scrappy said...

So pretty! Lee-Ann :)

Brenda said...

This is an elegant card Susan! I love it!! And love this new cart that is coming!!