Monday, July 30, 2012

Oh that Mary!



Hello everyone.  Welcome to this week's Bitten by the Bug 2 challenge.  The theme for the week is "On the Farm" and was selected by my beautiful design team sister, Krista!   Not being a back to nature kind of woman, I struggled a bit with the challenge (hence the name - CHALLENGE!).  But in the end I thought about those fabulous Scottish sheep and that made me think of Mary!  You know Mary... She had a little lamb... Oh Mary!  Everywhere that Mary went.... well you know Mary so you know the rest of her story!  And yes Krista!  I am convinced that Mary must have lived on a farm!



 I only used one Cricut cartridge to cut this card - Nursery Rhymes - which is such an adorable but under used cartridge!  I love the Cow Jumped Over the Moon cut - and so many others - on this cartridge.  And I love Mary!

I welded the word phrase and the icon image together to create this card.  I also welded the shadows of these to cuts.  I then cut the two cuts separately in different prints and solids and pieced together my card front.



I used Close to My Heart cardstock - all of the cardstock came from the Pemberley paper pack (# X7148B which retails for $9.95).  The Pemberley paper pack includes 12 sheets of matching/coordinating cardstock - 6 prints and 6 solids.   I love the colors in the Pemberley pack.  (And too, I like the name Pemberley.  For those readers of the classics you know that Pemerley was the estate of Mr. Darcy in Jane Austen's fabulous Pride and Prejudice)! 

Back to the card:  I used micro tipped scissors and hand cut the floral embellishments from a printed sheet of Pemberley cardstock.  I added a glue dotted button to the center of each floral embellish.    After a few Copic marker touch ups (Mary's skin tone and hair as well as the lamb's fleece) and some doodles, matted Mary on two colors of Pemberley cardstock before adding her to a Pemberley cardstock blue card.


Thanks for stopping by today.  Please do go by BBTB2 and check out the FAB projects some of my nature lover design team sisters created.  I was in awe when I took a pre-post sneak peek! 



CLOSE TO MY HEART CRICUT ARTISTE CARTRIDGE WILL BE AVAILABLE TO PURCHASE  IN 2 DAYS!!!



You can order Cricut Artiste through my on-line CTMH store.  Anyone who purchases through my on-line store in the month of August is automatically entered to win $50.00 in CTMH merchandise of their choice.  Someone has to win and it might as well be YOU!






11 comments:

snappy scrappy said...

Super cute! Lee-Ann :)

Sandi said...

that is a sweet sweet card, hugs

Brenda said...

This card is fabulous Susan! I love those papers and love that you put the extra details on with your copics!! Hugs!

Stephanie said...

Mary and her lamb are adorable. Great card. Love the papers.

DonnaMundinger said...

Oh WOW, Susan! Love how you've detailed Mary and her lamb. Fabulous, Chickie. xxD

dgroovy said...

Very cute card. That is one cartridge I don't have. Very nice lay out,and colors.

Bella and Aidees Mom said...

Your so cute Susan:) ..I struggled too with my own challege I was feeling ill yesterday and I am not happy with my results at all..:( But yours is darling and it actually reminds me of u because u r a Southern Belle in my eyes..Talented, Very Well Manered, Beautiful, a great cook, A entertainer, A Dancer, A great and active Mother...A wonderful wife, and a true friend..Etc Etc...Hugs, Krista

~JulieH~ said...

oh Susan your card is adorable,Mary looks adorable in her flowery dress. What a wonderful take on this weeks challenge!
Hugs
Juliexx

DIANA L. said...

The hexagon floral embellishments caught my eye, but the whole card is very striking I just love it and the papers are super.
DIANA L.
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com/

Penniannie said...

Little Bo peep has lost her sheep and I know where to find them, right on your card, this is soooo cute....

Hugs

scrapdiva said...

love it, card came out very cute