Saturday, July 28, 2012

Nativity Tri-Fold Christmas Card



Hello everyone.  Welcome to the final day of Christmas in July!  Today's card was created without an electronic cutting machine, using only my 12 inch paper trimmer.  To me this card is all about the images and the message!



For about a year I have owned the Close To My Heart stamp set, GLORY TO GOD (#D1483, retail price $17.95), a ten piece religious stamp.  But for the last year I have struggled with finding the perfect card to showcase these fabulous stamps.

Recently while packing to go to go away for a few days I was looking at my tri-fold shutter card sample and it suddenly hit me that Bethlehem would look fabulous stamped across the top middle section of a tri-fold card!!! A quick measure told me that Joseph, Mary and baby Jesus would fit on the cover of the card and I KNEW I had to make this card!!!  In fact, I made 8 of this card!!!



My simple steps to creating a tri-fold card are detailed in the next photo - a quick reference sheet I made for someone to use.  I begin with a 12x12 inch sheet of cardstock and after cutting it in half, I follow the steps on the photo.  You can save the photo and print it if you need detailed instructions.




Using the trimmer, light blue Bo Bunny cardstock was cut to fit the small sections of the card.  I used dark blue ink by Close To My Heart and finished the card with a touch of gold Stickles.




Thanks for hanging in with me this week.  I enjoyed our week of Christmas in July - even if the daily temperatures did average 100 degrees here in South Carolina!! 



CLOSE TO MY HEART CRICUT ARTISTE CARTRIDGE WILL BE AVAILABLE IN 4 DAYS!!!



You can order CTMH Cricut Artiste through my CTMH on-line store beginning Wednesday, August 1st!! 




13 comments:

RAP said...

Absolutely beautiful!

snappy scrappy said...

So pretty...love the monocramatic look. Lee-Ann :)

Bobby said...

Your card is absolutely gorgeous!!!
I've seen several tri-folds and swing cards today. Someone must be trying to tell me something.

Brenda said...

Beautiful, beautiful card Susan! I love that stamp set, so gorgeous and you showcased it perfectly!

Kathy said...

This card is absolutely beautiful! I would love to receive this at Christmas. Thank you for the inspiration.
Kathy:)

DonnaMundinger said...

Truly beautiful! Perfect for the stamps. Obviously I'm struggling this week so I'm gonna do a blanket comment about all of your FABULOUS Christmas stuff. WOW! Love it ALL! xxD

Amy said...

This is just stunning! This format is perfect for that stamp set!

scubascrapper brandi said...

Love this Susan!!!!!

scrapdiva said...

great card, love it!

Silvia said...

Thank you so much for sharing your card and how to make it! I went to a retreat this weekend and made 24 of these!!! Lots of work but got lots of compliments from the other gals there. I told them about finding your card on Pinterest and your great instructions. Thanks again,
Silvia

Theresa Krout said...

Great card! I also have this set and have not used it till today! I created a card from yours and I love it. Would make a perfect card for the season! Thanks for sharing. Theresa

Lenoria said...

This is a beautiful card! I found your site while looking for a more religious card for Christmas and I love this one. I wish I had found you while the stamp set was still available!!

Helga Galardi said...

I just came across your card. It is beautiful, I love it. The perfect Christmas Card because "Jesus is the Reason for the Season". This stamp set has been in my stash for quiet a while.