Friday, July 6, 2012

Hybrid Layout Using Two Die Cut Machines


Hello everyone!  Since I have spent the last week stuck in "tablescape land" I thought I would share a layout of some tablescaping.  While away on a weekend crop last month I finished all of the layout pages for my Titanic party.  Like the party itself, I used a lot of gold, black, white, with touches of red throughout the scrapbook. 

The two pages in these photos were created using three layers of cardstock, plus photo mats, and two die cut machines!  I used the Cricut E2 to cut the roses and leaves for the two pages, as well as the anchor.  I used the Silhouette Cameo to cut the Tablescaping title.


I know that the roses will add depth to my scrapbook, but I thought the 3D roses were too pretty to replace with flat roses.   I topped the roses and the leaves with clear sparkle Stickles.  I did not want embellishments to over power the photos so I only used four roses and two sets of leaves. 


I really like the cardstock I used for these layouts.  I hand trimmed the scalloped edges of the pre-stitched cardstock and affixed the scalloped cardstock to black cardstock.  I added a pretty red print to the inside block of the scalloped cardstock and then added my matted photos. 

I liked the little square created around the photos by the stitching and decided to add my journaling to the square area on the right page.  As luck would have it, the journaling "just" fit in the area. 



I finished the pages by adding a small gold anchor to the left page.  I used an anchor or a life preserver ring on each of the layouts to carry the theme through to scrapbook.   

This scrapbook will have about 16 pages total, but I do not plan to share all 16 pages with you.  I have probably bored you enough with this party.  But I will share a couple of other layouts that I think you might enjoy.

On a personal note, Ian was cleared by the doctor, his toes are doing much better and he will return to Atlanta today for some summer classes.  It has been so fun having him home for a few weeks but I am hoping to return to the land of healthy eating for the rest of the summer!! 

Thanks for stopping by today and I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

4 comments:

L.B. said...

very lovely..love the journaling on the outside edge.

lovemypaper said...

Very cute!

Terry D. said...

I would so frame them and hang in your dining room. They are way to gorgeous to hide in a book!

DonnaMundinger said...

Fabulous! Love the journaling around the edge. I still wish I'd been there. xxD