Friday, July 20, 2012

Gift Bag with CTMH's Cricut Artiste



Hello everyone!  I am once again home safe and sound. The lake was beautiful and I was accomplished SO MUCH, but I also had an unpleasant tummy thing.  I ended up coming home a day early because I preferred to be ill in my own home.  My friend Beth was a total honey and met my husband halfway between home and her family's lake house - a good 45 minute drive in each direction - so that I could go home as I did not drive on this trip.  I am blessed to have such caring friends and such a caring husband!

I arrived home to find a huge stack of boxes in my entry hall!  Doug said the boxes came over three days and he just kept stacking them higher and higher.  The boxes contained all of the new Close to My Heart Fall/Winter catalogs, Stamp of the Month samples, and all of the new merchandise I ordered from the new catalog (one of the many perks of being a consultant)!!!  Today I was like a child in a toy shop!!  I opened everything and played and now I cannot wait to share the new products with all of you.  Sadly, I will have to wait until August 1st to share the majority of the goodies.


However, thanks to Cricut's Hello Thursday yesterday, I CAN share a few previews of Close to My Heart's new Cricut cartridge - Artiste!!!  I pulled together a quick and simple project just to tease you a bit - a gift bag front to decorate a plain Christmas Bag!



I used four cuts from the Artiste cartridge to create this bag front:  The lace edged book page, the poinsettia, the Merry Christmas phrase, and a plain card shaped into a square.  I cut each of the elements using Cricut Craft Room.



The poinsettias were made by resizing the flower several times.  I also used the flower shape to cut the leaves, then trimmed away a couple of the leaves from each flower.  I used a foam mat and stylus to shape the flower leaves and petals (more on that technique is available in THIS blog post). 


I hope you are not too disappointed with my first Artiste project - I wanted to share a quick project to show you what can be made in about 35 minutes with the cartridge.  I promise to share more cuts and projects over the coming days and weeks.



Cricut Artist by Close to My Heart will be available for purchase beginning August 1st.

 I know a lot of CTMH consultants are taking "pre-orders" on this cartridge, but all they are doing is taking their customer's money, holding it until August 1st and will order then.  I am not going to take your money ahead of time!  And I suggest that you do not purchase from a pre-order unless you personally know the Consultant.  Last summer when Art Philosophy came out a few former consultants took their customers' money and did not deliver their cartridges.  It was very sad for all concerned.  My CTMH up line suggested that our team not offer pre-orders. 

What I am suggesting is that anyone who would like to purchase the Artist cartridge from me, please wait and order from my on-line store August 1st.  You may also have a CTMH gathering or on-line party and purchase the cartridge for half price with a $250 party.  If you do not purchase on-line, email me and we will work it out - after August 1st.

EVERYONE that purchases the Artiste Cartridge from me in August will be entered into a drawing to receive $50 in CTMH merchandise of their choice!!!

Thanks for stopping by today and viewing my first Cricut Artiste project - simple though it is!   I will be celebrating an entire week of Christmas in July beginning Monday, July 23.   Be sure to stop back next week for some Holiday fun!

3 comments:

Scrappin Rabbit Designs said...

Love your first project with the new cart. So pretty and it makes me want to sit in front of my fireplace and sip hot chocolate even though it has felt like 107 degrees here with the heat index. TFS. :)

Yoshira aka cricutalltime said...

Beautiful gift bag.love all the details and colors.Cant wait to get this cartridge.

Rosie said...

awesome gift bag

rosiemini@gmail.com
www.scraplovingminis.blogspot.com