Monday, July 16, 2012

Fashionable Couple on the Go


Hello everyone, welcome to this week's Bitten by the Bug 2 challenge.   The challenge for this week was selected by my design team sister Rebekah Kreiger, who chose the theme "Fashion Show".  Our instructions were to use any fashion item from any Cricut Cartridge. 

Being me (!!), I took the road less traveled - which is only humorous if you note that I do have an automobile as the base of my card!  I decided to go old school fashion and I designed this "Vintage Fashion" scene.    I used only one cartridge to create this fun scene - Art Deco.

I began in Cricut Craft Room where I welded the shadow cuts from the car and the two people together to create a shaped base card, which I cut in cream cardstock.   I then copied the front welds of the card only and using the fun Graphic 45 circle Art Deco style paper, I cut the background layer to go behind my scene. 

The first figure I cut was the lady in pink.  I used white cardstock to cut her body, then I colored her skin areas with Copic markers.  I cut her base dress, hat and shoes in pink diamond pattern cardstock.  I added a lighter pink layer for the top back of her dress and one layer of her bustle.  I then used vellum and cut the trim on her hat and the bustle and train layer of her skirt.  I finished the skirt with gathered tiny ribbon being glued to create the top bustle layer.  I finished the lady in pink by adding liquid pearls to her hat, earrings, bracelet and shoes.


For my distinguished gentleman I started with the patterned paper for his vest.  Seriously, I built the rest of the outfit around the vest!  I used a lot of Copic markers on white or beige cardstock for the gentleman.  You should notice the vellum hankie in his jacket pocket and the printed hat.  The printed section of the hat was cut using the vest paper, but I added color with a Copic marker.

The automobile was a bit of a challenge.  I am embarrassed to tell you that I actually had to pull out the cartridge handbook to see the layer colors.  I really like cars from this era so I truly enjoyed piecing this car together. 

If not for central air and heat, ANTIBIOTICS!, refrigeration, etc, I might have enjoyed living in an earlier era.  However, now that I know what I would be missing, I think I will admire from afar and stay right here in the current time period!

Remember to go by the BBTB2 blog this week and check out all of the fun fashion projects the design team created to inspire you.  And remember, we love it when you link to the BBTB2 posts and share your work with us!


NOW FOR SOME BIG NEWS!

I know you have probably all heard about the new Close to My Heart Cricut Cartridge, Cricut Artiste, but have you seen the handbook???  Try this link HERE and you can view the handbook for this FABULOUS cartridge.  Artiste goes on sale August 1st and can be ordered through my Close to My Heart on line store.  The cartridge and stamps set retail for $99 and this includes the cartridge with over 700 images, three coordinating stamp sets and three large sheets of coordinating chipboard. 

As an added bonus, anyone who purchases the cartridge through my on-line store between August 1 and August 31 will go into a drawing for an additional $50 in free merchandise of the winner's choice.  My way of thanking you for shopping with me.  I know this is a fabulous cartridge and I cannot wait to begin sharing my new Artiste projects with you!!!  Keep watching for all of the CTMH and Artiste fun to come!!!

23 comments:

Carla said...

Great card! I love that cartridge, but it's really expensive!

MulticrafterAmy said...

When I saw this card I instantly thought of a photo of Bonnie and Clyde.
http://www.antiquetrader.com/antiques/antiques-americana/bonnie-clydes-pistols-crossing-the-block-in-january

Nice card!

lovemypaper said...

Very cute card!

Jayne said...

Amazing card Susan.Just so many beautiful details.
Jayne x

L.B. said...

amazing card!! So stylish

Sandi said...

cool, I love the Roaring 20's, hugs

Stephanie said...

That's the best use of that cartridge I've seen. Love everything about it.
Great details.

Brenda said...

VaVaVoom!! This card is awesome Susan! I love how vintage this card is and just love that couple!! Her dress and added accents are just fabulous and for the gent, well he is very dapper in his suit!! The car, oh my the car-would love to have a car like this!! lol I am just blown away by this card. And just went I thought I didn't want the Art Deco cart. lol Someone is always enabling me. lol But I think I will let it to you since you are an expert at fashion. lol Wonderful card my friend!

Tangle said...

oh my word, could this be any cooler?! This is such an unbelievably neato card! I love the colors and the incredible details you added to the clothes. Super unique and professional project. Thanks so much for lending your creativity to my challenge this week!

Hugs,
Rebekah

Jeri said...

Holy cow. This just screams glamorous! Well done.

Beckie Williams said...

I just love this. I love the texture in her dress and how you used the ribbon in her bow

Linda (Threadbear) said...

Wow, what a striking card -- it is gorgeous!!

KimCreate said...

Wooooooooowwwwww! Totally fabulous!!!!!
Kim

DonnaMundinger said...

PERFECT (in every way!) Love, love, LOVE this Susan! Now cut it out! You're enabling again. LOL xxD

Melissa said...

SMOKIN!

snappy scrappy said...

This is beyond gorgeous!!! Love it! Lee-Ann :)

~JulieH~ said...

Susan this is AMAZING Love love love your card all thefabulous detail her ribbon bustle and pearls, his waitcoat oh and the graphic 45 curcle paper is sooo perfect! Love everything about this and am falling inlove with my Art Deco cart too!
Hugs
Juliexx

Kathy said...

This is a beautiful card,. I love all the fine details. Thank you for sharing this with all of us.
Kathy:)

Penniannie said...

Susan
OMG, what an awesome card , so elegant, all the little touches,is a perfect fashion card...

Hugs
Penny

Glenda said...

Fabulous card! So many great details! Love eveything about it!
Glenda

Rosie said...

wow! TOTALLY love this card

rosimini@gmail.com
www.scraplovingminis.blogspot.com

Suzanne cricutcraftingrammyblogspot.com said...

Susan I don't even know where to begin this is such a lovely card. I haven't seen many projects from this cart but now its on my list. I love the couple and the papers you used are amazing and all the little 3 D additions. I just can't even believe this is from Cricut cuts.

shelly said...

holy smokes susan this is just divine!!!