Friday, July 27, 2012

Christmas Morning Brunch


Hello everyone!  Welcome to Christmas morning brunch!  Today I am going to show you how the Close To My Heart Cricut Artiste cartridge can help you create an organized and festive holiday morning buffet!  Now that my children are adults, I find that Christmas morning is more relaxed than when they were young.  We used to be pulled from bed far too early to open gifts.  These days Christmas morning starts AFTER the sun has come up!  And now Christmas morning also includes a more substantial breakfast than in days gone by.


I used the Cricut Artiste cartridge to create tented labels for the breakfast buffet.  Using the doily cut on page 33 of the Artiste handbook and Cricut Craft Room, I created three layer tents.  I cut the basic doily in a green and white holiday print paper.  Next I used Cricut Craft Room to edit the doily, enlarging it and removing the interior cut.  Once I had created a solid piece with the same shape as the original doily, I welded two of them together to create small cards. 


I added a 2.25 inch circle to the middle of each of the tented labels and then printed and punched out my food labels.  I used only a tiny bit of adhesive behind the food name so that I can easily remove the names
and reuse the label in the future.



In addition to tented buffet labels, I also made muffin wrappers to dress up our brunch.   I used the Noel cupcake wrappers from the Artiste cartridge for the muffins. The wrapper is found on page 80 in the Artiste handbook.   I sized the wrapper to fit three per page in the cut fil and cut them using Little Red Bicycle Christmas cardstock.  As you can see in the photo above, I could ALMOST have sized the wrappers a bit smaller!



The photo above is a screen shot of cut file in Cricut Craft Room.


If you have come this far with me today, I will now tell you the rest of the story!  When my husband came home at lunch time yesterday I asked him what he thought of having Christmas Brunch for dinner.  Being a wonderful man he answered, "Sure"!  I invited a friend to join us, who turned out to be a HUGE help, and we dined on Christmas brunch last night!


The menu included two types of homemade quiche, Quiche Lorraine and Shallot & Mushroom Mini Quiche, fresh fruit salad and assorted muffins.  I also ran by Honey Baked Ham yesterday afternoon and picked up a couple of pounds of honey baked ham - this was done mostly to please Doug.  While he does eat quiche, I knew he would enjoy the meal more with the addition of the ham.  And of course this entire meal begged to be served on my Spode Christmas Tree china, so out it came.  We had iced water and just because we were celebrating, light mimosas!  It was a wonderful Christmas Brunch dinner!!!  And in a few months, it will be enjoyed again as Christmas morning brunch!!!


Thanks for stopping by today for another day of Christmas in July.  I will be back tomorrow with my final Christmas in July post!


CLOSE TO MY HEART CRICUT ARTISTE CARTRIDGE WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE IN 5 DAYS.



 
You will able to purchase the cartridge with three sets of stamps and three large sheets of the coordinating chip board through my CTMH on-line store!!!

 


2 comments:

L.B. said...

Way to much fun. Everything looks so lovely...great labels and love the wrappers!! Very fun Christmas in July..and you even made the yummy food!!!

Brenda said...

You are the party planner Susan! I love your Christmas brunch set up, so beautiful and fun!! Every looks so great and yummy!! I wish I lived close to you because I think you could teach me quite a few things. lol