Monday, July 23, 2012

Christmas in July with BBTB 2


Hello everyone!  Welcome to Christmas in July!  This week's Bitten by the Bug 2 theme is Christmas in July and I have decided to adopt the same theme for the entire week.  I have six Christmas posts planned for you this week - which may seem a little crazy to those with temperatures in the 90s-100s range!  Go ahead and turn down the air conditioning temperature and enjoy this mini holiday-esque week!
Our BBTB2 Christmas in July theme was selected by my design team sister Jayne.  I love everything Chirstmas so I truly enjoyed this challenge.

I used two Cricut cartridges to create this week's Christmas card:  CTMH's Art Philosophy and Christmas Noel.  I cut the fabulous double layer Christmas tree from the Christmas Noel cartridge - still one of my all time favorite Christmas cartridges!  I used a deep forest green cardstock for the base cut and a medium green for the detailed top layer of the tree. 

I used a small Close To My Heart flower stamp to decorate the tree.  I stamped the small flower in CTMH Holiday Red ink, cut them out with micro tipped scissors and added a drop of liquid pearls to the center of each flower.  I used 3/8 inch glue dots to attach the flowers to the Christmas tree.


The second main element of the card is this fabulous Loralie stamp: High Fashion Holiday.   I love how she is so sassy and dressed for her holiday party!  I colored her with Copic markers (creating the plaid pattern free-hand) and added Stickles in select areas.  I added clear Stickles to the her stole to make a white fur wrap and I used red Stickles on her jewelry, berries, gloves and shoes.  I added liquid pearls to the berries on her handbag. 


The base card and the tag on the lowe front were cut on the Cricut using CTMH's Art Philosophy cartridge.  I used Holiday red ink and a CTMH stamp to stamp the very appropriate sentiment - "Tis the Season to Sparkle".  I added two additional flower onto the tag.


Thanks for stopping by today.  Remember that I will have a new Christmas project to share with you each day this week.  Also please remember that at Bitten by the Bug 2, we love it when you play along with us in the weekly challenge. After you craft your Christmas project you can use the linky under the original BBTB2 Christmas in July post to add in your project!




15 comments:

Sandi said...

cool, cool, love all the embellies, hugs

Jeri said...

Heee, heee, love the sassy image, she made me chuckle. Just an adorable card.

Carole Beath said...

What a bright and cheerful Christmas card, and I love the Sassy Gal.
Carole

DIANA L. said...

Susan, Great colors I love your image, great job coloring. The tree is fantastic. Thanks for the inspiration.

DIANA L.
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

ps. you could enter this in my DL.ART Thankful Thursday challenge

Brenda said...

Oh this card makes me smile Susan! What a fun card it is too. I just adore that little lady all dressed up for a Christmas party. You did a great job coloring her and I love your hand drawn plaid!! Your tree looks amazing with the stamps flowers, really dresses it up. Love, love all the elements you used in this card! Hugs!!

Stephanie said...

Love that tree ant those beautiful flowers on this card, Susan. Love your sassy lady too.

Jayne said...

Gorgeous card Susan.Love the tree and the sassy lady.How exciting having a week of Christmas..will be back.
Jayne x

Bella and Aidees Mom said...

Oh My..She reminds me of u in that she looks classy and ready for anything..Great job..Krista

Glenda said...

Beautiful tree-love the flowers on it! Christmas Noel is my favorite Christmas cartridge too!
Love the sassy lady! So many great details on your card!
Glenda

Hrvatica said...

Fantastic card. I love that sassy lady!

Penniannie said...

Oh Susan, I just love your card,I have always liked the images of those ladies They are in your face CUTE....

Penny

Suzanne cricutcraftingrammyblogspot.com said...

Oh my gosh Loralie is stylin. I love the Christmas tree and the cute little flowers you added to it. Then to add Loralie makes it perfect. Great card.

shelly said...

this is just fabulous susan!

DonnaMundinger said...

OMG!!! Super cute! Love the stamp. Great coloring and the sentiment is perfect! xxD

~JulieH~ said...

Oh She is absolutely fabulous Susan! Such a classy chick! Love this card!
Hugs
Juliexx