Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Celebrating the Olympic Spirit


Hello everyone!  Is your household like ours and devoted to the Olympic Games?  I grew up watching the Olympics every four years, celebrating the victories, enjoying our favorite sports, hoping to see the games live someday.  Then in 1996 my husband, our three children, and I were able to attend the Olympics!  And the photos from that visit - they were the first photos I ever scrapbooked!!!  How is that for Olympic memories?

This year sadly we will not be attending the Olympics in London, however we can still celebrate the games and the spirit of the games at home.  Though I must confess that this year I think I officially became my mom.... I caught myself enjoying the exuberance and excitement of the YOUNG athletes!! LOL.  Ouch!


I crafted this fun banner to decorate and add to our in-home Olympic spirit.  Each individual pennant in the banner measures six inches wide by seven the three-quarters inches tall.  The overall banner measures 60 inches wide.   I connected the individual pennants together using red grosgrain ribbon with accents of white twill ribbon.  Both ribbon products are manufactured by Close To My Heart and are available by clicking the names above.



The base pieces of the banner are heavy chip board and are also manufactured by CLOSE TO MY HEART.  The product is called "My Creations Banner" and includes eight heavy chipboard pennants with O rings.  It is Z1378 and retails for $5.95!!!   The My Creations Banner set make for a much stronger and more durable banner creation!

I used a Silhouette Cameo cut file to cut the pennants, and added my own letters to the design.  I searched Olympics, England, and London (individually) in the Silhouette store and found several cuts which work well for the Olympics, this pennant cut being one of them.  I will share more of our Olympic celebration later this week!!



THE CLOSE TO MY HEART CRICUT ARTISTE CARTRIDGE IS AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE TOMORROW!!!!  That's right - TOMORROW!!!


You can purchase the cartridge through my on-line CTMH store beginning tomorrow, August 1st.  Also tomorrow you may purchase the new Stamp of the Month for $5.00 when you order the Cricut Artiste Cartridge!!!


3 comments:

snappy scrappy said...

Great banner!! Lee-Ann :)

L.B. said...

super fun banner. We are tuned in all day here.. So glad they are not during the school year like Sydney. Oh fun fun your banner is great

Leigh said...

What a great idea to help celebrate! My husband and I have been watching the Olympics every chance that we are home. Thank you for sharing!