Monday, July 9, 2012

The Best Things Layout for BBTB2



Hello everyone!  I am back today with a new Bitten by the Bug 2 challenge to share.  This week's challenge was selected by my sweet design team sister, Brenda.  Brenda challenged the designers to use a window cut from any Cricut cartridge.  I found this challenge quite - ummmm - challenging - and I finally decided to create a scrapbook page.  In the end, I loved both the challenge and the layout!!   I used family photos in my window panes - top to bottom - Bethany (my daughter), Doug (my wonderful hubby), Aaron (my older son), Crissie (Aaron's fiancĂ©), and Ian (my younger son).



I used two cartridges to create my layout - Close to My Heart's Art Philosophy and Christmas Noel.  My window background is on the Christmas Noel cartridge, though I did use Cricut Craft Room to remove the original window panes and resize and reshape the window.  I used Art Philosophy to create the new window pane cut.

The shaped background layers as well as the roses and leaves were also cut using Art Philosophy.  I used yellow and white solid cardstock to create the roses. 




I used a Close to My Heart stamp to add the sentiment to the page - Best Things - #C1503 which retails for $13.95.  This set contains great flourishes along with the wonderful phrase, and a tag stamp that coordinates with you Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge!!


The photos were placed into the layered window panes and adhered to the window background.  I completed the layout by adding the floral cuts, a vertical ribbon, and doodles and dots with my favorite white pen.




Don't forget to drop by the Bitten by the Bug 2 blog and check out all of the fabulous window projects that the design team has created for you!  Also, remember that we love it when you play along with us by joining our weekly challenges!



18 comments:

Annette said...

This is very pretty! I like all the little details.

Annette
mymindsdustbunnies.blogspot.com

Sandi said...

Susan, beautiful layout and love love those flowers, hugs

Carole Beath said...

ahhhh, Susan, this is stunning. I love how you have honored the wonderful photos and those flowers are just wonderful.
Carole

Jayne said...

Gorgeous layout Susan.Just beautiful.
Jayne x

Chris - Creations in Bloom said...

Love this layout. Never would have thought to use the window cut like that. It looks so lovely.

Stephanie said...

Beautiful layout, Susan. Love the pictures in the window ...and those roses, gorgeous.

Brenda said...

OMGosh Suzanne, I love your take on my challenge!! Your layout is just fabulous! I love the papers you used, the flowers are amazing, I love that you stamped that sentiment on the layout and I just love the colors of this layout! The pics are just perfect in the windows and I love the way you filled in the unused windows. This just rocks!! Hugs, Bren

Glenda said...

Beautiful layout Susan! Love how you remodeled the window and added the wonderful photos ofyour family! Beautiful flowers!
Glenda

Scrapbooking for Joy said...

WOWSERS Susan...that an amazing layout! I roses were a perfect added embellishment :0)

DIANA L. said...

OMGoodness!!!!This is SUPER I love shape. I really like what is going on inside the windows The card is so elegant. Thank you for the fun challenge and the inspiration.
DIANA L.
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

DonnaMundinger said...

This is sooo beautiful it needs to be framed. Gorgeous, Chickie. xxD

Tangle said...

Pretty! I love, love, love those roses, so fun and beautiful!

-Rebekah

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

What a gorgeous layout! Your colors are so pretty. Love how you used the window in this challenge!

Suzanne cricutcraftingrammyblogspot.com said...

Lovely family pictures and love the way you framed them. This is gorgeous in every way. Love the yellow cut, the frame and the roses.
Just stunning and you put so much love into this.

Penniannie said...

Susan

Your Layout is stunning, the roses ar beautiful....Perfect...

Hugs
Penny

Jeri said...

Pretty, pretty, pretty. Love the resizing you did on the window cut.

Bella and Aidees Mom said...

I really love the colors..I could live with these all over my house..They just make me happy..WOW! Krista

shelly said...

susan this layout is just a stunner! wow!