Friday, June 15, 2012

You Make Me Smile


Hello everyone.  Today I am sharing another card I crafted last weekend.  This is a simple card created using four colors of cardstock, the Close to My Heart Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge, the Close to My Heart Hooray Bouquet stamp set and CTMH inks.

I started with the CTMH stamp set pictured below, Hooray Bouquet (D1491).  I cut the four layers of daisy-type flowers using the Art Philosophy cartridge.  Next to each of the stamp on the acetate overlay is the measurement you should use to cut each flower with your Cricut.  This allows the stamps to fit the flowers perfectly.  I used American Crafts white textured cardstock to cut the flower layers and the flower centers. Using three colors of Close to My Heart inks I stamped the flower stamps onto each of the petals and the flower centers.


 


After stamping the flowers I used a foam mat and an embossing stylus and gave each of the flowers a bit of dimension using a rubbing technique.  I then layered the flowers together and topped with the centers.  The flowers were attached to a leafy stem, also cut with Art Philosophy.  After tying a length of yellow ribbon around the matting it was attached to a yellow dotty matting.  I finished assembling the card and stamped the "you make me smile" phrase in the lower right corner.


I know that I have mentioned this repeatedly this month, but.... Like every other set of stamps in the Close to My Heart line, Hooray Bouquet is on sale this month during our Stampaganza special.  This month only with every 2 sets of stamps you purchase, you will get 1 set free!  That's right - Buy 2, Get 1 free is good for another 15 days only!!!

 

And finally, here is another look at June's Stamp of the Month, Life is Tweet!  This limited edition stamp set is available this month only and retails for $17.95.  However, with a $50.00 stamp order (which would be a lot of stamps given the stampaganza sale!) you can add the Life is Tweet set to your cart during checkout for only $5.00. 



7 comments:

BethAnn said...

What a charming card! I have AP and I have Hooray Bouquet, but wasn't quite sure how they went together. Thank you for showing us how, and for the inspiraton. BethAnn M.

snappy scrappy said...

So pretty...I don't have that stamp set yet.Lee-Ann :)

bonkdawn said...

This card made me smile! :)

Sandi said...

I love your layered flowers and the colors are gorgeous, hugs

Stephanie said...

Great way to showcase that stamp set. Your colors are bright and cheerful.

Anonymous said...

I know this comment should be placed under the Scrapbook Creation Weeknd post but it is ending up here! I so enjoyed meeting such a talented individual the past weekend. The card display you and your friends created was amazing to say the least. You have truly inspired me to reach some goals I only thought were visions. Your work is incredible. I am so excited to see the outcome of your mission. I am not kidding, Martha Stewart has nothing on you! You need your own television production. Maryellen

DonnaMundinger said...

Gorgeous! LOVING the colors! So bright and cheery! xxD