Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Weekend At Scrapbook Creations


Hello everyone.  As I mentioned yesterday, three of my friends and I spent the weekend in Spartanburg, SC at Scrapbook Creations enjoying three full days of paper crafting!  I have previously posted about Scrapbook Creations in THIS POST.   The highlights include a large, well stocked store, lots of tools to use, great crop space, a nice cafe so that you can enjoy lunch and dinner without leaving the store, and fabulous ICE CREAM (or in my case, lowfat yogurt), all while you crop for hours on end!!

Sharing in the fun, the shopping, the crafting and the classes were my friends Susan,


Peggy



and Bonnie.


And of course, I was there too.


Each of the four of us had different goals for the weekend.  For example, Peggy was hoping to create all of the cards she would need for the rest of the year - a HUGE challenge.  She made a PLETHORA of adorable birthday cards, anniversary cards, etc.  I was so impressed with the HUGE quantity of high quality cards!


Bonnie was working on both scrapping and cards.  Here she is at our die cut station we created.  I took both the E2 and my Cameo and placed the computer between the two.  This worked wonderfully.


Susan too worked on a layouts and on cards.  But unlike the rest of us, Susan took a Copics class at the store.  She took a 2 hour class, but ended up with about 4 hours of help!  She borrowed some of my Loralie stamps and began using her new Copics.


Remember that I said Peggy had made a plethora of cards?  Below are three of her cards.  She made 18 versions of the step fold birthday card on the left.  They were AMAZING!


Peggy also made the cute train card pictured below.  Bonnie made the rose card.  I am not sure who made the pretty Snow card.  We used the ledge around the scrap area as our display area for our cards (great idea, Peggy!).  The other crafters all came over to enjoy our creations.


 I tried a few intricate cuts with my Cameo and I have to say I was very pleased.  The layout below was enhanced so much by the lace photo mat and doilies. 


We talked about going back to Scrapbook Creations again later this year.  Spartanburg is about a 2.5 - 3 hour drive from home for us.  The store lets you crop from 10:00 am on Friday till midnight, Saturday is 8 - 12 (9-11:30 for our group) and Sunday is 8-4, though again our group set our own hours which were 9-2:30.   With the extended crop times it is very worth the $20 each we paid to crop the entire three days.  We are hoping to squeeze in one more cropping weekend in late September, after we attend the Creating Keepsakes Scrapbook Convention with a larger group of friends in August!

I purposely cropped most of my projects out of the photos.  I want to share a few of my cards and layouts with you over the days ahead.  Thanks for stopping by today.

3 comments:

snappy scrappy said...

Wow...looks like a blast. Great projects too! Lee-Ann :)

Yoshira aka cricutalltime said...

Glad you had fun with your friends.You look like you enjoyed the time together.The ice cream sounds so good with friends.Beautiful LO love the intricate cuts on them.Your friends and you wore on a roll with cards.I dont think i would of gotten any thing completed.

lovemypaper said...

Look like fun!