Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Tablescaping for July 4th



Hello everyone, welcome back to day two of my patriotic tablescape series.  Today I am going to share a second element of my tablescape, the placecards.  I used two cartridges to to create the placecards - Ribbons & Rosettes and Stand & Salute. 


The placecards were fun to create.  To be so simple looking they really involved several step.  I used Cricut Craft Room and welded together a card and border from Stand and Salute.  I cut the base card in navy cardstock.  Using my paper trimmer, I cut red rectangles and affixed them inside the tent fold card behind the stars. 


I used Ribbons & Rosettes to create the cute little patriotic striped rosettes.  I added navy circles to the center of the rosettes and affixed a fire cracker to the middle of each rosette.   I added gold Stickles to the fuse of the fire cracker.  Using glue dots I affixed the rosettes to the upper right corner of the place cards.





I used an oval paper punch and punched out the the white name ovals.  I then used a Close to My Heart alphabet stamp set to stamp the names onto the ovals.   The stamp set is called Type Face and retails for $6.95.  And like every other stamp in the Close to My Heart line, this stamp is part of the June Customer Special - Buy 2 stamp sets, Get 1 stamp set FREE! 



Remember the large rosette in yesterday's centerpiece?  I used the negative star cuts from the panels to embellish the placecards!!  I added small dots of glue to the center of the stars and affixed the tiny striped stars to over the navy stars.  I also added a star under each name.




A couple of people asked about the dishes used in the tablescape.  I realized that I should highlight the other decorations on the table.  I started with a stars and stripes table runner from Kohl's.  I added red round placemats (from Target) and gold chargers.  I added white porcelain dinner plates and topped them with Pfaltzgraff Stars and Stripes stoneware salad plates.   The stainless is a pattern called Queen and is made by Wallace.  The drinkware is (very UN-American!) by La Rochere and is called Versailles.  The napkin rings are beaded edge silver rings. The little lanters were from my summer decor stash.


I will be back tomorrow with details on the last element of my Independence Day tablescape, the menus.  Thanks for stopping by today!!

*     *     *     *     *


Just a reminder:  Today is Tuesday June 26 and that means you only have 5 days left to take advantage of the Close to My Heart Stampaganza All acrylix stamp sets are BUY 2, GET 1 Free!!!  Your order will be calculated during checkout so that the lowest priced stamp set is free!!!  Visit my on-line Close to My Heart store for more information!!




And remember while you are visiting my CTMH store to check out Life is Tweet, June's Stamp of the Month!!



6 comments:

snappy scrappy said...

Beautiful table! Lee-Ann :)

Chris - Creations in Bloom said...

Incredible! What a beautiful setting.

Beckie Williams said...

so pretty~

Carol said...

WOW incredible table decor! Love it all!

Sukie said...

Absolutely stunning decor, you did an amazing job!

Yoshira aka cricutalltime said...

Beautiful Table decor.Love it.