Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Super-fun Side Step Birthday Card


Hello everyone.  Today I am going to share this fun, fun side step fold birthday card that I crafted last weekend in Spartanburg.  This particular style of card was new to me and I just HAD to make one... or two....  Scrapbook Creations had several different themed side step cards on display and my friend Peggy and I thought they were adorable and decided to give them a try. 


As I mentioned yesterday, Peggy was making cards to get her through the remainder of the year but wanted something fun and different. She made the most amazing cupcake cards, two styles, and I was quite impressed. I wanted very much to try this side step design so I too decided to go with a birthday card.



I had stamped, colored, and cut out two of my Loralie stamps at home earlier last week, but I took both of the completed images with me hoping to use them on cards.  I also took the Loralie stamps just in case I wanted to make more cards.  Taking the stamps along was a good call because I need to stamp and color the packages that I attached to the top step of the card!

I cut the scalloped double layer oval Happy Birthday label with the Cricut using the Art Philosophy cartridge.  The label fit perfectly on the second step of the card.

The Happy Birthday phrase and the word AMAZING! are both Close to My Heart Acrylix stamps - which are still on sale Buy 2, Get 1 free!!   I also used CTMH ink. 



Thanks for stopping by today and viewing my super-fun side step fold birthday card.  This card is for a friend's birthday later this month and I think she will really be pleased with it.  I will be back tomorrow with another Spartanburg created card to share.

3 comments:

snappy scrappy said...

This is too fun...love your colouring and your funky image! Lee-Ann :)

Rosie said...

lol love this card

rosiemini@gmail.com
www.scraplovingminis.blogspot.com

Scrappin Rabbit Designs said...

Great card! Love the folds and the lady is perfect. Awesome job.