Monday, June 11, 2012

Roses Are Red...


Hello everyone - happy Monday.  I had THE MOST wonderful weekend away and I have a week of fun posts planned for you.  I went away with a few friends on a fabulous weekend crop where I finished a number of projects and cannot wait to share.  I will give you more details on the crop tomorrow but for today let's get the week started....

The first project of the week is, of course, my weekly Bitten by the Bug 2 project - Roses Are Red!  One of our new Design Team sisters, Glenda from Glenda's Cards selected this week's challenge cute - a rose.   Glenda wanted us to use a rose from any Cricut cartridge on a project of our choice.   I chose to use make an easel fold card using the rose cut on the Close to My Heart Art Philosophy cartridge!


I used three roses for my card - one cut at four inches, one cut at 3.5 inches and one cut at 3 inches.  I curled and rolled the roses, using tiny glue dots to hold them together as I rolled.  Under the roses I added three branches of leaves, also cut from the Art Philosophy card, fanned across the front of the card.

I cut one of the tags from Art Philosophy at 1 1/4 inches in light pink cardstock and stamped the tag with the phrase "Follow you heart" using a Close To My Heart Ponderosa Pine ink pad.


The stamp set I used on the tag and on the bottom corners of the inside is by Close to My Heart and is called The Best Things.  You can view the stamp at my CTMH on-line store HERE.  As a bonus, this stamp set coordinates with your Art Philosophy Cricut Cartridge (see the tag on the card).   And just like every other stamp set in our line, this stamp is on sale this month as part of the Buy 2, Get one Free sale!


Here is one final LARGE look at my Roses are Red easel fold card.   Remember that at the Bitten by the Bug 2 blog, we love it when you join us in the weekly Cricut cut challenge.  If you have a play please link your project back to the Bitten by the Bug 2 blog to receive lots of love from our Design Team!



As a reminder, ALL Close to My Heart stamp sets are currently on sale - but only through the end of the month!!  With every two sets of stamps you order, you will receive one set (same or lower price) FREE!!  That's right - BUY 2, GET 1 FREE this month only at CTMH.  CLICK HERE to shop Acrylix stamp sets!!!



The June Stamp of the Month is just adorable - Life is Tweet.  This stamp set retails for 17.95 but can be yours for only $5.00 with a $50.00 stamp order.  Note: the Stamp of the Month does not qualify for the buy 2, get one free offer!







15 comments:

snappy scrappy said...

Simply gorgeous!!! Lee-Ann :)

bonkdawn said...

Wow! Absolutely stunning!

Glenda said...

Wow! Gorgeous card! Love the beautiful roses and floral paper!
Glenda

Carole Beath said...

What a wonderful card, Susan. The roses are just superb...
Carole

Rosie said...

WOW! love the card, the roses are soooo pretty


rosiemini@gmail.com
www.scraplovingminis.blogspot.com

Sandi said...

gorgeous, hugs

Stephanie said...

Beautiful card. And those red roses, fantastic.

Jayne said...

Gorgeous card Susan,just love your fabulous roses.
Jayne x

Julia Moss said...

Wow! Stunning! my favorite this week.

Turtlechelle said...

Beautiful ...and what an inspiration. Thanks.

Suzanne cricutcraftingrammyblogspot.com said...

Susan what gorgeous roses on the beautiful rose paper. I love easel cards and would love to know how you made the little notch to hold the easel in place. I have never seen that.

Yoshira aka cricutalltime said...

Beautiful easel card.Love the roses.You made them look so real.Beautiful sentiment.

Brenda said...

This is a beautiful card Susan! I just love those roses, mine don't come out looking as beautiful as yours though, lol. I will keep practicing! I love the paper you used on your card and love that stamp set too. You are just as talented at making cards as you are at making layouts. hugs

DonnaMundinger said...

Absolutely EXQUISITE, Susan! I've got to start playing with that cart. got lots to catch up on here, but I'm barely treading water. I'll be back. xxD

Linda said...

Your card is stunningly beautiful!! I love the paper you chose -- and those roses are just gorgeous!!
Linda