Monday, June 18, 2012

Pearls and Petals Happy Birthday


Hello everyone, welcome to this week's Bitten by the Bug 2 challenge:  Pearls and Birthday!  My new design team sister, Stephanie selected this week's challenge cut and I must remember to thank her.  I have so many friends with June birthdays and this challenge provided me yet another opportunity to craft a much needed birthday card! 


I used two cartridges to create this card, Close to My Heart's Art Philosophy and Formal Occasion.  I cut the base card, the eyelet top, the middle circle, the tag and the top layer of roses with Art Philosophy.  The corsage layers were cut using the Formal Occasion cartridge.



I chose a soft color of patterned cardstock for my roses.  I cut the Art Philosophy rose at four inches and inked the edges before forming the rose shapes.  I used liquid glue to adhere the roses to the top layer of the corsage.


I used white cardstock to cut the base card and the tag.  I stamped the tag with a Close to My Heart Happy Birthday stamp then added the pink tag topper.  I looped sheer pink ribbon through the tag and used pop dots to add the tag to the card.


The inside of the card is stamped with a simple Happy Birthday phrase and still has plenty of room for a personal note.


I finished the card with pearls and doodle-dashes.  I really like this card and hope that my friend Beth does also. 

Thanks for stopping by today.  Please remember to stop by Bitten by the Bug 2 today and check out the great Pearl and Birthday project!!!   I will be back tomorrow with a couple of Father's Day photos to share, along with a Cricut Father's Day card.

14 comments:

snappy scrappy said...

This is beyond gorgeous...love love love it! The flowers and the pearls are beautiful! Lee-Ann :)

Rosie said...

wow!! THIS CARD IS BEAUTIFUL!!!!

rosiemini@gmail.com
www.scraplovingminis.blogspot.com

Sandi said...

Susan, beautiful roses, love your challenge piece, hugs

Jayne said...

Very pretty Susan,love your flowers.
Jayne X

Suzanne cricutcraftingrammyblogspot.com said...

Susan this is such a stunning card. Love the roses and the gorgeous shape. The pearls and black background with the faux stitching make it really pop.

Carole Beath said...

Absolutely stunning card.... I love the shape, the pearls are wonderful, the roses.......?....oh my oh my, those beautiful roses.
Carole

Stephanie said...

This is just simply gorgeous. The rose are breathtaking and I love the tag too. Beautifully put together. I always love your details.

Brenda said...

Your card is just beautiful Susan! I love the card base, will have to use this base on a card sometime. The flowers are just beautiful, I need to practice these. lol And I love the rose buds under the roses, so pretty! Your pearls add the perfect finishing touches. I loved this challenge too! Hugs

Jeri said...

Absolutely stunning, Susan. My favorite shaper (scalloped circle) and my favorite color (pink). Couldn't be any prettier!

Linda said...

This is beyond gorgeous -- you make the most beautiful roses!! Love your card!!

DonnaMundinger said...

Gorgeous beyond words! Have to start playing with that cart! xxD

Bella and Aidees Mom said...

Wow.....love this a lot...

shelly said...

susan this is just beautiful! i love your flowers.

~JulieH~ said...

Oh Susan this is asbsolutely stunning and your pale pink roses are exquisite! Love this!
Hugs
Juliexx