Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Menu Cards




Hey there!  I am back with the last of my three part patriotic tablescape posts.  Today's past is all about the menu.  Often at formal dinners you will find a menu at each place setting.  Sometime ago I decided that I was so fond of the individual menu that I have began using them for more casual dinners also.  And how fun to include your all-American menu on your all-American tablescape?


I used only one cartridge to make the menu cards, Stand and Salute.  I cute the red frame using Cricut Craft Room and the Stand and Salute cartridge.  I then used my paper trimmer to finish the menu cards. 

I added a strip of navy cartstock behind the red stars and then I added a gold glitter cardstock rectangle behind the red frame.  Using Microsoft Word, I created sized text boxes in which I listed the menu items and also added some clip art red stars.  After printing the Word file on to white cardstock, I trimmed the white menu cards apart and glued them over the gold shimmer cardstock.  Very easy!


In the photo above I placed the menu in the middle of the stars and stripes plates, with the napkin off to the right of the place setting.  In the photo below I switched the menu card and napkin around with the menu being off to the side.  I decided that although the photo above looks nice, ultimately I chose to place the menu on the side and put the napkins in the plates. 


Now I must go "un-set" my table and put everything away for a week!  At least I know what I am serving and how I plan to set my table for our July 4th cook out!!!


Thanks for following along with the Patriotic posts.  I have enjoyed sharing the elements with you.  I will be back later this week with yet another June birthday card to share with you!!



A quick CLOSE TO MY HEART Note:  Today is June 27th.  You only have three days remaining to purchase the June Stamp of the Month and to take advantage of Stampaganza!!!  Click on the link at the upper right of the blog to visit my on-line CTMH store!

3 comments:

snappy scrappy said...

Wow...great table scape! Love the whole look...yummy looking menu! Lee-Ann :)

Beckie Williams said...

Oh mu goodness .... you are awesome. I just love the menu cards and the whole 4th of July theme.

Jojorenee said...

That's an amazing table setting!