Friday, June 22, 2012

It's a Girl Baby Shower Invitation


Hello everyone.  Today I have a Cricut and Silhouette Cameo hybrid project to share with you.  This invitation is one of a set of 20 invitations I created for a double baby shower in North Carolina.  While spending the weekend in Spartanburg at Scrapbook Creations, I met the grandmother-to-be of the two baby girls and she engaged my services to create the shower invitations for a double baby shower.  The baby shower is for two of her daughters, hosted by her other five daughters!!!  Her two older daughters are each having baby girls, their due dates only five days apart!  The family thought a double baby shower would be fun for everyone.


As I mentioned above, this invitation is a hybrid card.  I cut the lace cards with my Silhouette Cameo.  I created a 12 x 12 inch cut file that included two the cards on each page and cut the page 10 times. 

I used my Cricut Expression 2 along with two cartridges to cut the baby carriages and the scallop oval tags.  The baby carriages are from the Baby Steps cartridge and the oval layers are from Art Philosophy

I used Peachy Keen baby face stamps to stamp the sweet little "O" mouth babies and shimmer chalks to pinken their cheeks! 

For the "It's a Girl" phrase I originally purchased a cute stamp at our local Hobby Lobby.  But someplace between my friend Beth's house on Monday and my house yesterday, I lost the stamp!!  After searching high and low I finally went on to Plan B - Just Right Stamps!  I used 15 point Times New Roman Just Right Stamps on a clear round Just Right block and stamped the phrase onto the tags.

It is always nice to have a few sets of alphabet stamps around just in case you need to stamp something unique or unusual in size.  I like both the Close to My Heart alphabet stamps and the Just Right stamp sets.




Today I will finish the invitations by printing the shower information on vellum or cardstock inserts and affixing them to the pink rectangles inside the cards.  All I will need to do then is pick up some special sized envelopes and ship the invitations off to the family of the moms-to-be.


Thanks for stopping by today.  I will be back tomorrow with a new card to share.




7 comments:

lovemypaper said...

So very pretty!

DonnaMundinger said...

HeeHee! Couldn't be cuter! Adorable idea. They're gonna love it. xxD

Rosie said...

WOW! you did a great job on these invites. they are sooo cute


rosiemini@gmail.com
www.scraplovingminis.blogspot.com

snappy scrappy said...

Too pretty!! Lee-Ann :)

Glenda said...

Very pretty! Love the lace cut!
Glenda

Anonymous said...

As the proud Grandma I could not be more pleased!!! Susan you are amazing and your work is incredible. Maryellen

Baby Shower Invitations said...

I wish I was blessed with artistic skills. Thanks for the tip! I'm in charge of the invites for my sister's baby shower so I've been looking through some sites for ideas on baby shower invitations.