Thursday, June 14, 2012

Butterfly Easel Card



Hi everyone, are you ready for another of the cards I created in Spartanburg last weekend?  This delicate easel fold card was created using the Silhouette Cameo.  This is actually four different cuts combined to make one card.



I began by cutting a basic easel fold card in peach cardstock.  Next, using Close to My Heart floral print cardstock, I cut the scalloped edge background layer.  I love the soft floral print of this cardstock.  Next I used blue cardstock to cut a delicate detailed frame.  And finally, again using Close to My Heart dotted cardstock, I cut two butterflies.




I layered the scalloped layer over the peach cardstock then added the blue frame.  I love how cleanly the Silhouette Cameo cuts delicate images.



Using some of last month's Dotty for You cardstock, I cut two Silhouette butterflies for the front of the card.  Glue was applied to the butterfly center body only, not the wings.  I wanted the wings to flutter.

Peggy thought this looked like a sympathy card and someone else suggested a card for mom.  With a stamped message it could also become a birthday card. 

Thanks for stopping by today.  I have another card to share tomorrow created with the Cricut and an easy technique.  I hope you have time to pop back by.


5 comments:

Scrappin Rabbit Designs said...

Beautiful card! Just love the layers and colors. TFS.

snappy scrappy said...

Very pretty...love the patterns and 3D butterflies. Lee-Ann :)

Sandi said...

beautiful easel card, love that butterfly, hugs

Pat N. said...

Your card is so beautiful! TFS--Pat N.

Linda said...

Your card is gorgeous -- I can't get over the intricate cuts!!
Linda