Monday, June 4, 2012

Beach Birthday Card with BBTB2


Hello everyone.  I am starting this week by sharing my latest Bitten by the Bug 2 projects, a birthday card.  This week's challenge cut was selected by my fun design team sister, Sandi Kelly.  Sandi suggested we use a Water Theme for our projects.   We could use any Cricut cartridge to achieve our water related design.

On a side note, I am enjoying the series of "theme challenges" that we have been doing at Bitten by the Bug 2 over the last several weeks.  I find that the theme challenges offer greater freedom and creativity with the Cricut cuts. 


I used just one cartridge to create this fun shaped card:  Formal Occasion.  Who would have thought that I would have found this fun beach scene on a formal themed cartridge!   How fun is that?  l welded two shadow cuts together to create the base card.  I cut the welded card in white cardstock.  I then cut the other layers as they appear on the cartridge:  the trees, the sand, the palm leaves, and the umbrella parts.

The woman on my card is named, appropriately, Susan, and she is a Loralei Stamp.  I love Loralei stamps because they are NOT young chickie-chics, but slightly older women.  You can grey their hair and highlight their wider hips and slightly sagging bosoms for truly fun cards!

This particular card is for a friend's birthday later this month.  And along with "Susan" in her swimsuit, I also used Close to My Heart stamps on this card.  The phrase Simply Irresistible is from the CTMH stamp set ENJOY.  The birthday sentiment below is one of several birthday greeting on CTMH's Card Chatter - Birthday stamp set.  I thought the age related sentiment was a wonderful companion for the Loralei stamp!!


Below is one final look at the card - I truly hope my friend likes this card as well as I do!    Remember that we it when you join our weekly challenges at BBTB2.  You can create your own water themed project and link it below this week's BBTB2 post. 




In the month of June, purchase any two Acrylix stamp sets (sizes A, B, C, D, or E) at full retail price and receive a third stamp set of your choice FREE (of equal or lesser value)—a savings of up to $29.95!


Stamp sets that count toward the qualifying purchase include full-priced A, B, C, D, and E sets only. Stamps that do not count toward a qualifying purchase include customizable (K), Workshops on the Go™, Cricut® collection, and Stamp of the Month (both discounted and full-priced) sets.


Dates: Offer valid June 1 (9:00 am MDT) – June 30 (11:59 pm MDT)




Also, there is a really fantastic STAMP OF THE MONTH this month - Life is Tweet! The June stamp of the month coordinates with your Art Philosophy cartridge. It can be yours for $17.95 or if you place an order of $50 or more you can get this FABULOUS stamp set for just $5! This is a savings of $12.95!







18 comments:

snappy scrappy said...

So cute!! Lee-Ann :)

lovemypaper said...

Cute!

Rosie said...

cute card! love the little umbrella


rosiemini@gmail.com
www.scraplovingminis.blogspot.com

Sandi said...

oh what a sassy beach scene, love it, hugs

Julia Moss said...

Susan, you rocked this challenge Girl....great job.

DIANA L. said...

Cute card. I love the image and the coloring.
DIANA L.
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com/

Stephanie said...

I'm with you, I love your "beach babe". The whole card is so cute. Great coloring.

DonnaMundinger said...

ADORABLE! Now I'm craving Formal Occasion, too. I adore Lorelei stamps. boought some the first CHA I ever went to and yet I've never used them. Hmmm...wonder where they got put? Anyway, Love this, and the sentiment which I'm gonna lift. LOL xxD

Brenda said...

OMGosh Susan, I am loving this card! This mature lady is just cracking me up she is so cute! You did a great job coloring her. I also love the beach/island, who would have ever thought this gem would have been on a formal cart?!! This card is too cute! Hugs

Linda Y said...

Such a fun shaped card -- love the scene you created!!

Carole Beath said...

I am lovin' this card, Susan.... I love Lorelei anything...last year I did a small quilt with Lorelei fabrics and I giggled at every image on each block. My kinda womanhood. Great card, girlie.
Carole

Scrapper69 said...

This is such a great card Susan! I LOVE it! And I agree that the theme's give everyone a little more creativity... You never know what great designs pop up with a theme! :O)

Theresa

Bella and Aidees Mom said...

Susan..This is amazing and so r you..It is no secret u r one of my favorite people..Hugs, Krista

Jayne said...

Love your sassy lady and beach scene Susan.Fab card.
Jayne x

Tangle said...

super fun! love that image and the way you incorporated the cuts.

-Rebekah

Suzanne cricutcraftingrammyblogspot.com said...

Love everything about this card. The stamp, the cuts, the colors and the cute sentiment inside.

Missy said...

This is terrific! I love the island image and the paper you used on the water!!

Penniannie said...

Susan

Your card is soo dang cute, I think that gal is simply chic...They should have one named Penny...LOL....

HUGS
Penny