Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Stamp Club Birthday Card


Hello everyone.  I have a fun birthday card to share with you today, the card I designed for last week's stamp club meeting.  This card is actually based on a card I created last summer - one of my first Art Philosophy cards - for MFK's birthday. 

I used Close to My Heart cardstock in to create this card, the National Scrapbook Month Special, Dotty for You and the rose print from the backside of one of the Dotty papers.


I used only one cartridge to create this card, Close to My Heart's Art Philosophy.  I cut the scalloped circle card in white cardstock and the scalloped circle in the Pemberley rose print.  I used Dotty for You to cut the scalloped eyelet trim. 

I used the Close to my Heart stamp set pictured below, Card Chatter - Birthday, D1475, to stamp the cover and the inside of the card. 



To add a bit of color to the inside of the card, I used the negative space cut from the scalloped circle on the front of the card.  I stamped the second half of the phrase onto the circle.


I added a ribbon and button to the front of the card.  I also cut the beautiful two layer butterfly from Art Philosophy to embellish the front front of the circle.


Behind the card above you can see the envelope.  I used the CTMH stamp set pictured below, Delight, C1452, to stamp the small butterflies on to the bottom front left of the envelope and onto the center back of the envelope flap. 


Below is one final peek at the card, from an angle to help you appreciate the dimension of the layers.


Two of the prints used in the card are from the Dotty For You cardstock set.  This is a set of 24 sheets of 12x12 cardstock, 2 pieces each of 12 prints.  When you place a $35.00 order in the month of May, while supplies last, you can receive this fabulous set for only $5.00!!!


The photo below shows the back side of the Dotty sheets.


And while you are shopping, do not forget about May's Stamp of the Month, Friendship Bouquet!  This eight piece set retails for $17.95, but with a $50.00 order you can add the Stamp of the Month to your card during check our for only $5.00.  And yes, with a $50.00 order you can add both Stamp of the Month AND the Dotty for You set for $5.00 each!!!


Thank you for stopping by today.  I have several more projects to share with you this week - including a one post that will bring to light a new toy in my scraproom!!

2 comments:

Georgie Horn said...

I have never heard of Art from the Heart..cute papers and the stamps are teerrriific!

Sandi said...

love all the papers and details you have added, very pretty card, hugs