Thursday, May 10, 2012

Silhouette Lamp Card


Hello Everyone!  I have a bit of an announcement to make!  Busy with the Cricky has been Busy with the Cameo!!!  About a month or so ago I purchased a Silhouette Cameo machine.  I was interested in the machine primarly because of favorable reviews from other users,  and I simply wanted to try something new.  I have to say, I did not expect to love it quite so much, but it is amazing!!

Having said that, let me assure you that in no way will the Silhouette replace my Cricut family - I have far too much invested in Provo Craft products for that to happen!  But I will add that I do love the delicate cuts and the font cuts that I can create with the Silhouette Cameo.  You can cut any font on your computer without using cartridges or anything other than the basic Silhouette software that comes with the machine!!!  That feature really impressed me.


This simple card was actually made from only my second set of Silhouette cuts.  I had so much going on that I left the machine in the box for over a month before having a private out of the box party.  Finally last weekend I loaded my software, watched the instructional video, and took off cutting!!!   My friend Suzanne was a godsend through my learning curve.  I have asked her a plethora of questions and she has provided me with lots of hints and money saving tips!!  Thanks Suzanne!


These cute lamps are actually a set of four lamps that come in a single cut from the Silhouette store.  I thought they might make a cute note card.  I cut the lamps in bright, BRIGHT orange cardstock.  I used a white base card and double matted the lamps.  I also added a little border at the top of the card.  I finished the card with a Close to My Heart stamp and amber colored bling. 

My first Silhouette cuts were for a layout on which I am currently working.  I was really hoping to post it prior to posting the card, but I am still waiting for the photos to arrive in the mail from my printing service.  So, I guess that will be one of next week's posts!

Thanks for stopping by today and viewing my uber-simple Silhouette Cameo card! 

3 comments:

~JulieH~ said...

OOh Susan this is absolutely gorgeous I would love a Cameo to compliment my Cicut maybe sometime in the future!I downloaded the software a couple of months ago to have a play with and it's great! Looking forwad to seeing you projects using the Cameo!
Hugs
Juliex

The Tablescaper said...

Your card is beautiful. Thanks for becoming a Follower of The Tablescaper. I have to check your blog out more thoroughly as my daughters and I share a Cricket but rarely use it.

- The Tablescaper

Georgie Horn said...

This card lights up life! Thanks for the info on close to my heart...I may have to start shopping soon! Come by for a visit...
http://georgie-hornpuddinnpie.blogspot.com/2012/05/were-not-in-kansas-anymore.html