Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Mother's Day Tablescaping And Great Meals


Hello everyone.  I wanted to share some Mother's Day photos with you and once again show you how we can use our electronic cutters to enhance our tablescapes. 

This may look like a very simple breakfast, but let me tell you, to me it was fabulous!  I have been dieting for the last two months and I have been limiting my intake of breads and of course, no fatty meats.  Doug and I worked together and made Cranberry-Orange Pecan muffins and Morning Star veggie sausages.  The muffins were fat-free, until I decided that they would be even better with pecans.  And guess what?  I was right; they were fabulous with pecans!


The Morning Star sausage was interesting.  The sausage flavor was good, especially when combined with the muffins, but the texture was a bit odd.  However, that did not stop me from enjoying my muffin and sausage links!

I used my Silhouette Cameo to cut these lovely beautiful muffin/cupcake wrappers.  I found them at a site suggested by my friend Susan Miller:  Monica's Creative Room.  Monica has some of the most beautiful and detailed cuts - be prepared to be completely amazed!!  Anyway, on Saturday afternoon I cut a few of the muffin/cupcake wrappers to enhance our morning muffins!


And as wonderful as breakfast was, it did not hold a candle to dinner.... Dinner was an amazing dinning experience.  When asked what I wanted for Mother's Day, I told my daughter that I wanted for her to make a nice dinner for us.  Bethany likes to cook and she was excited to take on the challenge. We invited my friend Kimberly to join us as she had enjoyed brunch with her own mother, but would not be seeing her out-of-town daughters on Mother's Day.


My big contributions to the evening included setting the table, making the dry rub for the meat, and whipping the filling for the trifle.  Bethany did everything else on her own, except for slicing the meat (as you will see shortly).


I chose to use my pink Bordallo Pinheiro dishes from Portugal for dinner.  I went with a pink and red color palette - pink dishes on red chargers with pink and red toile print napkins!  And red roses on the table (thank you, Doug!)!  I used the new Cricut cartridge, Tablescaping Spring & Summer and cut my own red and pink napkin rings.  I added a pink center to the red flower napkin ring and added stickles dots to better define the centers.  The napkin rings worked well with the red and pink colors.


We used stem dessert dishes for our raspberry-cranberry jell-o salad - Yes, DO think 1970's - but I still love this jell-o salad!!!   Bethany did a great job of making dishes that I really do enjoy!

Below is a better view of the napkins with floral napkin rings.


 Bethany snapped a quick photo of Doug, Kimberly and I as we were about to begin our family style dinner.... the foods are on the table and ready to pass.


And now I have saved the best for last, Bethany's menu:  Roasted Beef Tenderloin with Cabernet-Mushroom sauce (that was FABULOUS!), Poached Asparagus, Twice Baked Potatoes, Raspberry-Cranberry Jell-o, and an amazing Strawberry-Mascarpone Trifle for dessert!!!  Everything, and I mean EVERY-THING was just wonderful!!!  Bethany did a great job on this meal.  And it was so fun to be served such a lovely meal in my own home!!!


 The dessert...  Careful that you so not drool on your keyboard!!!


Doug's job for the dinner was to assist Bethany if needed.  She called for Dad's help with the electric carving knife - and then pushed him out of her way, over onto the rolling cart.  And as you can see from this photo,  Duncan is praying to his doggy-deity that Doug might slip and drop a hunk of beef tenderloin onto the kitchen floor!!!



Sorry Duncan....




*     *     *     *     *     *



Supplies are going quickly so do not wait until the end of the month to order your Close to My Heart National Scrapbook Month Special - Dotty for You.  With a $35.00 order at my on-line store, you can purchase this great cardstock set during checkout for only $5.00.  If your order reaches $50.00 you can also add the Stamp of the Month during checkout for an additional $5.00.  So for $10.00 you can add 24 sheets of fabulous cardstock and the stamp of the month set!!





1 comment:

DonnaMundinger said...

Looks like a fabulous Mother's Day! YUMBO!!! xxD