Friday, May 11, 2012

Mother's Day Card with the Cameo


Hello Everyone - happy Friday!!  This has been a very busy week for me, but fortunately I was able to take a time out and spend a few hours in my scraproom yesterday afternoon.  I HAD to make the time to create two Mother's Day cards, one for my mom and one for Doug's mom. 

I used the Silhouette Cameo to create this fun pop-up card!  I seem to have adapted to the Silhouette software rather quickly enabling me to edit and change Silhouette cuts.  I copied sections of the cut so that I could create layers inside the card, especially on the pop up sections.  I also copied the daisy tops in order to create the little bouquet on the front of the card.

I used two stamps from my stash to stamp the oval on the front of the card and the sentiment inside the card.  I colored around the outside edge of the oval stamp to add a little color to the oval.




I tore the upper left corner of the blue dot cardstock and added a second layer of cardstock to the corner.  I like torn and layered look.   I finished the card with orange buttons for the flower centers, a bit of yellow ribbon tied around my bouquet, and a strip of ribbon attached across the front of the card.

I was having a difficult time deciding which card to give to which mom, but Doug helped me with that.  Of the two cards I made today this one was his favorite.  That was great to hear because I like tomorrow's card better.... So each of our moms will get our favorite sent to them.  Thanks for stopping by for this quick blog post.  I have a second Mother's Day card to share with you tomorrow. 

3 comments:

Judy said...

Hi Susan,
Such a great card. Looking for opinions on the cameo, do you love it?
Thanks,
Judy

Rosie said...

beautiful card


rosiemini@gmail.com
www.scraplovingminis.blogspot.com

~JulieH~ said...

oh it's gorgeous Susan I love the pop up! Can't wait to see tomorrows card!
hugs
Juliexx