Saturday, May 12, 2012

Mother's Day Card 2 with the Cameo


Hello everyone, happy Saturday!  Today I am sharing the Mother's Day card that I sent to my mom.  As I mentioned yesterday, this was a busy week but I HAD to find tine to create cards for my mom and Doug's mom.   


While browsing the Silhouette image store I found this fun layered flower cut and thought it would be fabulous on a card.  There are four layers to the flowers and you can add a contrasting center if you prefer.  I chose to add dark pink brads to hold my layer together and to serve as the flower centers.  I fluffed the layers of the flowers up a bit to add texture to the flowers.

I used scissors and paper scraps to hand-cut my flower stems.  I used the same green embossed cardstock and created the double-layered punched border at the bottom of the card - front and back of the same cardstock.



I used the same border punch on the pink rectangle on the inside the card that I used on the front border and corner caps.  The stamps are the same two from my generic stash that I used on Doug's mom's card yesterday.  I did, however, reverse the placements. 

I know this card is very simple in design, but I did not want to overwhelm the flowers.  To me the flowers were the perfect focal points.



Thanks for stopping by today.  I want to wish all of my readers who are mothers a very Happy Mother's Day!!  I will share photos of our mother's day celebration one day next week. 

4 comments:

snappy scrappy said...

Wow...I love that layered flower cut on your card. Lee-Ann :)
I need a Cameo.

Sandi said...

Susan this is beautiful, I love the delicate flowers and that wonderful color, hugs

Sukie said...

This is a fabulous card, I love the flowers. The colors are so pretty too!

Maria said...

Beautiful and delicate Susan. You too with the Cameo...you guys are all making me extremely jealous.