Monday, May 21, 2012

Kitchen Challenge with BBTB2


Hello everyone.  Welcome to the third Bitten by the Bug 2 Monday in May!  This week's challenge was once again selected by my design team sister, Julia.  Last week Julia had us use a baked item in our projects and this week she once again stayed in the kitchen.  The design team was instructed to use a kitchen cut in their projects. 

I decided not only to use a kitchen cut - the cute canister on the From My Kitchen cartridge, but I also cut a 3D dispenser box (using George and Basic Shapes) to use IN my kitchen!


I like to use Splenda in  my morning coffee, but I hate having either the big Splenda box or a rectangular Splenda container sitting out on my kitchen counter.  Somehow I think the counter tops look messy with extra stuff.  In an ideal world my counter tops would look like a landing zone - nothing in site!  But I do not live in an ideal world so I crafted this cut Splenda dispenser.  I confess that I got the idea from the Splenda box itself, which is a flip out front dispenser box.

Using George, I built this three piece dispenser and cut it using Close to My Heart's Dotty for You cardstock - our National Scrapbook Month special.  Dotty for You offers 24 sheets (2 each of 12 designs) of fabulous double sided cardstock at the great price of only $5.00 (with a $35.00 CTMH order).  Supplies are going fast so if you are interested in this great cardstock DO NOT WAIT.



Using From My Kitchen, I cut the canister in teals to coordinate with my peach cardstock.  I used a Made with Love stamp on the front of the canister before adding pop dots to affix the canister to the dispenser box.

The top of the box flips open and Splenda is then loaded inside.  I like this cut little dispenser far better on my counter top than the big Splenda box!!



Thanks for stopping by today.  Do not forget to go by the BBTB2 blog and check out my design team sisters' projects.  They are amazing....  Also remember that we love it when you join us in the weekly challenge by linking your project back to the post at BBTB2!

17 comments:

Sabrina H. said...

very nice, would so love to know how you made the box.

TFS
Sabrina

Rosie said...

love this project

rosiemini@gmail.com
www.scraplovingminis.blogspot.com

Carole Beath said...

Now this is just plain wonderful.... What a cute project.
carole

Jayne said...

Love it Susan. I would love to know how you made the container too!
Jayne x

Brenda said...

Oh my I love this box!!! Perfect for holding specialty sugar packets. The canister is too cute as is the stamped sentiment. Love all the papers, I sure am temped to get them. lol

DonnaMundinger said...

This is one cool box! Boy do I need one of those. I bought my Sweetener at Costco and have 1500 packets in 2 giant plastic bags. What a PITA! Adorable project, my dear. xxD

Jeri said...

Great project, Susan. I can't believe you made this with George and Basic Shapes. Well done! By the way, I'm guilty of having those landing zone counter tops. By necessity, you don't have much in the way of counter space when you live in an RV. LOL

VaryScrappy said...

You can't leave a girl hangin'....we NEED to know how you made this box (Brilliant idea btw!!!!)

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

can you give more details how you used this with the George cartridge? I love this. Definitely prettier than the box the sweeteners come in.

Cathie in UT said...

I am joining in the "how did you make the box" chorus! LOL
Great idea and very practical too

Scrapbooking for Joy said...

Super clever idea! Would have never thought of that. You get an A+++++

Tangle said...

What a brilliant idea! I had never thought of doing this before. I just love the colors you chose and the creativity of it all. Wonderful work!

Stephanie said...

Very clever design. You did a fabulous job on this design. Love it.
Stephanie

Penniannie said...

so darn cute, it just amazes me the things that can be created...I love this.

HUGS
Penny

Glenda said...

Lovely container! Such a great project! Love it!
Glenda

Bella and Aidees Mom said...

Susan, This is super sweet...Great job..Krista

AJ Scrapbooking and Cards said...

Beautiful Dispenser Box. I wish I had one of the carts. I didn't get any of them with my Cricut. I'm not good at using the craft room. Any whoo Susan you box is beautiful. Thanks so much for the tutorial. TFS AJ~